Old 12-23-18, 07:21 PM
JMH714

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ha! I remember that! I used to call it "E ride" not "E coupon" or "E ticket."

I do remember going in Knotts free but had to buy ride tickets. I have not been to any of amusement park since 1990's - it's too expensive and too crowd for my taste.
Old 01-13-19, 08:44 PM
Jon T

Bikes: '84 Peugeot PH10LE

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 39 Posts
Not only do I remember when Knott's was free, Disneyland general admission was only $1--yes--one US dollar to get in. You bought separate tickets for any rides you wanted to go on. That's also when Dland was in the middle of no where, all by itself. Do you remember the helicopter shuttle they ran between Dland and LAX (back before it was LAX)? How about the driving range and pee wee golf course? Yes, I know--I'm dating myself.
Jon

Last edited by Jon T; 01-13-19 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-13-19, 08:53 PM
Jon T

Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
Nowadays, its Costco roast chicken. But near Knott's was an even more important trip to Tower Records.
Or the U-Drive go kart track at Lincoln/Beach.
Jon
Old 01-14-19, 08:45 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Does anyone remember when Disneyland had the COX airplane show? Over near Tomorrow Land they had an enclosed (fenced) area where they would fly model airplanes, the kind attached to a string and would go around and around, and towards the end they would pick someone from the audience to come up and fly one of them? I built a handful of those planes with the legendary Cox .049 engine.
Old 01-14-19, 11:09 AM
Jon T

Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
Does anyone remember when Disneyland had the COX airplane show? Over near Tomorrow Land they had an enclosed (fenced) area where they would fly model airplanes, the kind attached to a string and would go around and around, and towards the end they would pick someone from the audience to come up and fly one of the m? I built a handful of those planes with the legendary Cox .049 engine.
Absolutely remember it. How about the live mermaids in the lagoon? The 20,000 leagues under the sea exhibit? House of the future?
Jon
Old 01-14-19, 03:02 PM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Jon T,

I need to party with you, lol. House of the future, sure! We have family movies that have it in the background.

Back in the early 70's when I'd go there with a date we'd just tell them at the parking lot gate that I was there to drop her off. They would put a sticker on the inside of your windshield so that the next set of employees knew to direct you to the entrance gate instead of the general parking lot. Once they had put the sticker on my windshield, about 15 feet later I'd just take it off and the next group of employees would direct me to the general parking area. I don't think you can just drop people off anymore. I think they make you pay for entrance to the parking area no matter what.