Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Mickelson trail

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Mickelson trail

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-24, 05:15 AM
Schrdal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mickelson trail

Has anyone done the Mickelson Trail? I rode parts of it on my upright a couple of years back, but am thinking of trying it this year on my electric assist tryke. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-24, 08:59 AM
boozergut

Bikes: Kona Dew, Gary Fisher Paragon, Salsa Campeon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 81 Posts
Its beautiful country. I highly recommend packing a bit of fishing gear as the trout fishing along the trail is excellent. Also try to avoid the bike rally season (late July-Early August) as the Hills are very crowded. Thousands of ATV riders pack the Forest Service roads during the summer as well.

There are companies that will haul your bikes back to you if you choose to just do a downhill segment. I highly recommend early October as the time to go. The Hill City Super 8 is my preferred hotel. Good luck.