Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Unknown maker track bike/pista frame/Chris King HS/fork

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-23, 04:12 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 147 Posts

For sale I have a true track frame (unknown builder) with some wonderful details. I originally believed it to be 531, but believe it to be a mix of Columbus (based on the decal, and cutout in the BB). Paint, although not my style is pretty good save for some chipping. Polished up nice, and has some flake which is hard to pick up in pictures. Zero rust anywhere. Measurements are approximately 22.5" top tube c-c and 23.5" seat tube c-t (harder to measure with seat binder lug detail).

I attempted to do some research, and emailed many shops and builders to see if I could figure out who built the frame, but could not.

This is a wonderful bike, and fairly light for what it is. Pictures as built was about 18.5 pounds. I can include an Alex Bike's front quill brake adapter (pictured below) for additional if anyone is interested. It allows use of a rear caliper (recessed) to be mounted on the fork. Also, older Chris King headset is a bonus.

I'd love to keep this bike, but literally have far too many. Hopefully someone here would use, or enjoy it.

It is pictured with wheelset, stem, bars, and seatpost, crankset, etc. None of this comes with the bike. Just frame/HS/fork.

I am asking $575 for this as is, with some of the value being the HS. It's neat, and fits the bike well. Some knicks on it, but functions perfectly. Also, will ship for a small materials fee and actual shipping cost paid by the buyer.

I have included the pics I have on me, and will update with better glamour shots I have at home. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions or for additional pictures or details.

Last edited by Senrab62; 08-01-23 at 07:42 AM.
Likes For Senrab62:
Old 06-19-23, 04:19 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Additional pictures, as built. Also, a diagram of the quill brake mount thingie I referenced, and can include for additional. This prevents the dreaded fork mounted option that is out there for the old men like myself that have to ride with a brake. The anxiety otherwise, makes me nervous LOL.

Old 06-27-23, 09:45 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Probably final bump on this. I know market is limited here, but hate the hassle of eBay.
Old 06-28-23, 09:09 AM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Pictures of adaptor

https://alexscycle.com/a/s/products/...for-700c-fd700

Requested pictures of adapter and link to where purchased. I would guess this to clear 23mm but not much more. I can take measurements when I get home. Beautiful piece of machining.

I will also add pictures of the actual piece as well.

Last edited by Senrab62; 06-28-23 at 09:15 AM.
Likes For Senrab62:
Old 06-28-23, 10:21 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Liked 3,951 Times in 2,569 Posts
For those paint chips - go to Sallie's Beauty (sp) for fingernail polish. I just did this with my Pro Miyata of early '80s metal flake turquoise blue. Ended up mixing three colors. Gal assured me that mixing different brands of polish worked just fine; that they did that all the time. With patience, you will be able get very close on the color and the flakes are there. That frame will probably take one of the green polishes I had to mix with blue.

My work was no masterpiece but I had acres more rusted steel to deal with.

And edit: I can't resist sharing the thought that with the brake adopter, you could instead of a brake, cut down a typical quill stem to just the handlebar clamp. Run a longer version of the clamp bolt through the adopted and now have really, really low handlebars! The super-light 180mm - 90 quill stem.

Last edited by 79pmooney; 06-28-23 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-28-23, 12:08 PM
spudly

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 24 Posts
Wow, I think your bike is gorgeous: wonderful workmanship and I absolutely love the color! Also, never saw the "guaranteed not built with..." decal. Do you know where you can get these?

Unfortunately the bike is quite a bit too big for me.
Old 06-28-23, 12:25 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,711 Times in 2,530 Posts
That's a nice bike. I had my unmarked track frame painted a similar color. I feel like I'm never going to figure out who made it.
Old 08-01-23, 07:41 AM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Final bump

Last bump for this going to a forum member. New price $575 + actual shipping, which is me discounting to account for eBay fees that wouldn't be taken out. If you are interested, let me know and maybe we can work something out. Would prefer this go to a forum member.

Thanks again.
Old 08-01-23, 01:46 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3369 Post(s)
Liked 3,674 Times in 1,251 Posts
Senrab62 I've been in love with this frameset ever since you first posted it. I hope it goes to a good home, just wish it could be mine!
Likes For abshipp:
Old 04-16-24, 11:02 PM
Senrab62 
It's the little things

Bump. $575+ actual shipping.