Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment
Reload this Page >

The Expanse, news and views

Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment Do we really need a description for this forum?

Old 06-21-19, 09:36 PM
late

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9161 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 31 Posts

The 9th book is coming out next year, and it will be the last.

I stopped watching the tv show when my preamp died, and that hiatus lasted a whole year. During that year I read the first 4 or 5 books of the series, a couple more times. So we started watching from the beginning this week, and holy crap, there are dozens of places where the tv show is different from the books. The tv show is good, don't get me wrong, but a good part of what makes The Expanse one of the best scifi reads ever is just not there.

I finished book 8 tonite, for the second time. I'll start in on book one manana. Eventually I'll have to stop doing that. A year ago I tried doing both, reading it and watching it at the same time; and the differences were messing with my head. So we'll see.
Old 06-27-19, 01:11 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Quoted: 2849 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 148 Posts
I've enjoyed the TV series. Watched seasons 1 and 2 last summer while recovering from a shoulder injury. Binge watched during indoor trainer sessions. The show was so good I sometimes watched two or three shows in a row while on the trainer, for some marathon trainer sessions when I'd intended to do only 30 minutes of intervals.

I'm about halfway through season 3. Still good, although I miss the Thomas Jane character -- I'm wondering whether he'll reappear in some form. Great ensemble cast. Love Frankie Adams as Bobbie. One of the most believable tough military women since Jenette Goldstein as Vasquez in Aliens.
Old 06-28-19, 05:24 AM
late

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 9161 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat View Post

I've enjoyed the TV series. Watched seasons 1 and 2 last summer while recovering from a shoulder injury. Binge watched during indoor trainer sessions. The show was so good I sometimes watched two or three shows in a row while on the trainer, for some marathon trainer sessions when I'd intended to do only 30 minutes of intervals.

I'm about halfway through season 3. Still good, although I miss the Thomas Jane character -- I'm wondering whether he'll reappear in some form. Great ensemble cast. Love Frankie Adams as Bobbie. One of the most believable tough military women since Jenette Goldstein as Vasquez in Aliens.
Miller comes back, sort of. You'd love Gunny in the book.