Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment
Reload this Page >

Tour de France 2018 on PS4

Books, Movies, Music & Entertainment Do we really need a description for this forum?

Old 07-08-19, 11:30 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Giant Contend SL Disc 2, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem, Priority Classic

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

It's on sale for $10 for PS Plus subscribers in the PlayStation store. My wife isn't an avid cyclist, but is an avid gamer, and decided to buy it. She may have been influenced through second-hand exposure to the bike race videos I've been watching this year.

I've never playing a cycling video game before (unless Paperboy counts), and found that it's more entertaining than I expected. Its neatest feature is support for 2-player couch co-op. I can sit in the peloton setting team tactics and giving orders, like covering attacks, bringing back breakaways, and sending Alaphillippe off to grab KOM points, while my wife tries to figure out how to win sprints. Controlling an individual rider to go for the win seems like the trickiest aspect that will take some experience to figure out.

Anyone else play the TdF games?
Old 07-10-19, 11:04 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2848 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 148 Posts
Might be fun if the game could be user customized. Add more primes for accomplishments within stages:
  • Not getting caught punching the guy wearing nothing but a Viking helmet and jock strap while chasing cyclists with a foam rubber mallet.
  • Micro-dosing virtual EPO.
  • Using retractable tire-shredders on hubs, like gladiator chariots.