Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Anybody here work at Google?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-18, 10:32 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5767 Post(s)
Liked 2,540 Times in 1,406 Posts

Hey, over the years I've helped countless people here, now I need some help.

If you work at Google or have a friend who does, please PM me here and I'll explain.

For anyone curious, it's a google ID Catch-22 and after going round and round forever, I've come to the conclusion that need an inside human to help break the cycle.

(Mods) I know this isn't the right place, but it's where I'm best known, so please bear with me for a few days on the off chance that it reaches someone who can help, and I'll delete it myself.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 03-05-18 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-06-18, 05:19 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
I've been caught in that nightmare, almost went with the Apple ecosystem after the Google customer service rep told me since you don't pay for Google services there's very little they can do if you lock yourself out. I got lucky since my phone was linked, but it still took a few days and I had to email them after my account recovery options failed.

You are pretty much locked out permanently if you never printed off the emergency access codes, or setup the recovery questions.
Old 03-06-18, 07:12 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
I do know of someone, but Google is a big company and what you are asking about may be a long way from his particular silo. I'll message you though.
Old 03-06-18, 10:36 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5767 Post(s)
Liked 2,540 Times in 1,406 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I've been caught in that nightmare, almost went with the Apple ecosystem after the Google customer service rep told me since you don't pay for Google services there's very little they can do if you lock yourself out. I got lucky since my phone was linked, but it still took a few days and I had to email them after my account recovery options failed.

You are pretty much locked out permanently if you never printed off the emergency access codes, or setup the recovery questions.
The irony here is that I'm trying to respond to an offer to buy ads. So, one hand knows who I am and is trying to sell me something, but the other doesn't and is standing in the way.

I probably don't need the name of the right guy, just someone who knows someone, who might know someone, and so on until I get someone in the right place.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Old 03-06-18, 05:16 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,946 Times in 1,906 Posts
try talking with walmart to get thru to google.