Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Weird and ugly fixed gear/SS mods

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Weird and ugly fixed gear/SS mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 12:55 PM
BoozyMcliverRot

Bikes: 1991 Diamondback Master TG 1990 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 106 Posts
Originally Posted by SHBR
I use the limit screws. (single speed wheel, 135mm hub)

A short stub of cable and a barrel adjuster would probably work if the limit screws don't reach. (sometimes these can also be replaced with longer screws)
👍 Sounds good
Old 10-27-18, 04:09 PM
Off piste pista
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What it's all about

Originally Posted by ryan_rides

This was my first fixie conversion i built. Old raleigh technium that i stripped of the brakes and gears etc. and threw on some state wheels, some basic saddle and riser bars and odyssey pedals and bottle cage. This was before i slammed the quil stem and it looked pretty ugly and also the seat being slammed was ugly too. I used to ride BMX so having the seat high up wasn't a thought for me. Also i never got the right size seatpost anyways so the actually shoved the seatpost in yhe seat tube.

I eventually got origin8 pedal straps. I originally wanted to get into FGFS but never did because of money.

Notice my bent forks on my BMX bike from a big 180 i did at a local park.
I believe that conversion bikes are cheaply done for fun bikes,done good on that. I hate when people put omniums or 75s and other pricey njs components on old conversions. I thing get real, it is not a track bike, you are not racing, and it was $50 frame. Unless the bike is a new condition vintage Italian road bike, then you can use those njs bits. But the truth is nobody will convert those, and the majority of conversions are old Schwinns and Peugeots. Good job on that bike.
Old 10-27-18, 05:12 PM
Off piste pista
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fixiefoos will hate my handlebar and stem setup. stem as high as it will go and bars tilted forward. I don't care. Getting parts for this bike tomorrow!