Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Help please! Cateye Strada Double Wireless not reading when mounted

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-13, 12:45 AM
E.S.
just ride

Bikes: '15 Scott Speedster 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today I was riding and my computer popped out of the stem mount, falling to the ground. When I picked it up, it had gone into reset mode??? Not a huge deal, just went through the setup again at home. It successfully established an ID, and I rechecked my magnet/sensor positions while I was at it.

But for some reason, when it's mounted on the stem mount, it isn't picking up cadence or speed signal. No lights or other electronics on the bike. So I change the batteries, and still, same exact problem after new setup. It WILL pick up information like normal when I take it out of the mount and hold it closer to the sensors but not where it was previously.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-23-13, 07:30 AM
Steve530

Bikes: Klein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like you need to determine if the problem is the location of the mount or the mount itself.

Does it pick up the signal when you hold it next to the stem mount?

If you remove the mount an move it to a location where you know it gets a good signal, does it operate correctly?