Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

I found a dumped roadbike

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-23, 06:57 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 523 Times in 291 Posts
Dumped roadbike donated to The Hub bicycle coop.

On a ride outside of Salem I spied a road bike dumped over a fence that was likely stolen. I went back with my truck today and brought it home hoping to find the serial #. Whoever took it painted over the whole thing and obliterated the serial #. It had some descent specs, so I believe it was a fairly nice bike before it was destroyed.

It's in bad shape now, but some of the parts could be salvaged. If you had a bike taken in the last year or two, give me a pm describing the bike and I will arrange a place in Salem to meet where you can pick it up if you want to salvage the parts.

(I posted the bike in a few different websites and checked the stolen bike registry. I figure no one is going to claim the bike, so it has been donated to a bicycle coop in Salem.)

Last edited by mtnbud; 12-04-23 at 06:34 PM.