Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

New Gravel bikes, Giant or Salsa?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

New Gravel bikes, Giant or Salsa?

Old 10-08-18, 08:55 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadrash3
I will have to let you know once I get it in a few weeks. I was only able to ride it on the road and through some dirt and grass, no gravel yet. It feels much more like a road bike then my warbird does if that makes any sense.
A lot of sense, which is why Revolt is on Top of the Pro list for me.
Old 10-11-18, 02:53 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
One thing worth considering: If you are thinking about going 650b you have to know that new Revolt will take only 47mm or so regardless of wheel size. It is rather dissapointing to say the least. Warbird easily will take something like 2,1 inch 650b tire.
Old 10-11-18, 09:20 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetspot
One thing worth considering: If you are thinking about going 650b you have to know that new Revolt will take only 47mm or so regardless of wheel size. It is rather dissapointing to say the least. Warbird easily will take something like 2,1 inch 650b tire.
good to note,

yet If I plan to need a 2.1 do I really want the Revolt Geo vs the Warbird geo? I can see why Giant didn't bother with dropping the drive side chain stay now. The Giant Revolt bike was designed with a bit more dialed purpose, rather then being multi purpose.

and in that line of thinking, that takes me to the next step. If I really need a 2.1 why don't I just take it to the next level with a Fargo or Cutthroat? < rhetoric and only applies to my needs/wants.

There will always be a bike that fits between a persons 2 extremes. and how far they are willing to compromise is what draws the lines in the sand.

I think for me the Warbird is a compromise too far from my supersix. Also If I want to load up and go Explore, the Warbird... might not be enough.

So instead of my road bike + gravel bike turning into 1 bike. My Supersix might become a Revolt, and my gravel bike might become a Fargo.

just rambling....