Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Road bike decision: Bianchi Infinito or Canyon Endurace or ... something else?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-19, 12:55 PM
Arjuna75

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, it's taken awhile but I am now at the point where I have scrimped and saved enough to make a decision. I feel I've narrowed it down to two choices, both with Ultegra Di2: Either the Bianchi Infinito or the Canyon Endurace. I'm finding it a little difficult to get any straightforward assessments from vendors given their understandable self-interest. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience or advice that they would be willing to share? If it helps, I'm not a competitor in any meaningful sense. I'm early 40's and just like to ride about 180 miles a week with the occasional century but am hoping to do a cross country ride of 1200 miles in later summer. Hence the endurance set-ups. Grateful for your thoughts. Thanks!
(And, of course, if anyone would like to encourage me looking at other options, please feel free to offer them up).
Old 05-27-19, 03:19 PM
jwh20

Bikes: Felt Z5, Look 675 Light, Specialized Diverge

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
There is probably no way you can go wrong with either bike, they are both really nice. I appreciate the Canyon but I just don't love their looks. Too sharp/angular looking for my tastes. The Bianchi, however, is just "sexy" and I'm not sure I can explain why.
Old 05-27-19, 03:42 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
I purchased two of Canyon high end fitness bikes in Dec. Love the bikes and if I ever buy another bike it will be a CANYON. If interested you can read about my Canyon purchase experience here: https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bi...roadlites.html. But you really can't go wrong with either bike. Good luck and enjoy that "new bike day"!
Old 05-27-19, 04:12 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7649 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
I suppose your upcoming tour would be fully supported? neither bike can fit a rack, apparently. ( Infinito CV Disc Ultegra Di2 | Bianchi USA https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road/en...x-disc-9-0-di2) This is one of those decisions which is best made without any bike knowledge. Both bikes are made by reputable manufacturers, both have similar components made by reputable manufacturers, both should be covered amply by warranty in the exceedingly unlikely event that either had defects .... it comes down as much to looks as anything else at this point.
Old 06-03-19, 11:53 PM
michael.anger

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rented or demoed a Specialized Roubaix, Trek Domane, Felt Z Series, BMC Granfondo (the Roadmachine might be worth a look), and a Giant Defy before purchasing an Endurace last year. I didn't find a Bianchi dealer nearby, otherwise the Infinito would have been on my short list as well. Switching from a ten year old commuter bike that was several pounds heavier, all of these bikes felt great and I would have been happy with either one of them. Ultimately, I figured I'd get the best value and the most bike for my money at Canyon - and really liked the look, too. So far I'm very happy with the decision. I did stop by the showroom to at least take the bike around the parking lot and would definitely suggest a test ride before spending Di2-kind of money...
Old 06-04-19, 11:30 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0. Full Di2, carbon wheels w/ reliable DT Swiss hubs, carbon everything else, lower priced than almost everyone else. BikeRadar Endurance Bike of the Year winner this year, it's racier than most endurance bikes but still extremely comfortable. Includes a quality double-sided power meter, making it a particularly good deal. Includes a 2 year replacement policy on all carbon components in addition to a lifetime warranty, something no one else is close to matching. Tubeless 28s out of the box. Has a reliable BB86 bottom bracket. Buy it from your LBS and you get support, buy a Canyon and who knows.

Guess which bike I bought this year.