Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Need Specialized rock hopper input please.

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-08, 07:21 PM
interceptor
not revenge...punishment

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts

Looking at a Specialized rock hopper hardtail. New to mountain bikes. Don't know how old they are
so I don't know year but looks fairly new. Is this a beginner, mid-level or better bike?
Any info would be appreciated....thanks.
Old 06-05-08, 06:45 AM
hiker1357

Bikes: several in various parts of the world

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a beginner to intermediate bike, depending on what level you are looking at (pro, comp, etc) What color is the one you are looking at and what components does it have?
Old 06-05-08, 02:21 PM
pwyll99

Bikes: 2007 Bianchi 1885 Veloce, 2003 Specialized Rockhopper, 2006 Rocky Mountain Slayer 50, 2006 Electra Ratrod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Rockhopper is a good frame. I have an 2003 model and it looks like the components have been getting cheaper each year to keep the bike at a reasonable price. My only problem with mine is that in 03 they spec'd wheels with 15G spokes. Since I'm 190lbs and ride aggressively the rear wheel started to pop spokes right after the 1 year warranty was up. If you're an heavier rider look for wheels with 14G spokes.