Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Liv Sedona W vs Sedona DX W

Search
Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-20, 04:24 PM
mochimama

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,
I'm new here. Please tell me if this is the wrong area to post this.
I've been trying to find a bike (along with everyone else) so that I can ride with my kids. Its been a while since I've had a bike. Originally I was going to get used but I've been ghosted, scammed, etc ... My local bike shop has a Viv Sedona W and DX W, what is the difference? I picked up the W but am wondering if I should have gone with the DX. There is a pretty big price jump. I went in looking for an Electra 7D but they didn't have any and I also looked for a Specialized Roll but I can't find any to try.

We do mostly rides around the neighborhood with some local trails/tracks (mostly paved). We may take the bikes to Big Bear/Mammoth now that I have one but still not crazy off roading. Is this not the right bike for me? I'd prefer to sit straight up.

Don't think it matters but my son (7) rides a hand me down Specialized Hotrock 20 6 speed and my daughter (10) just has a Schwinn Girl's Mountain Bike 21 speed from Target (she needed a bigger size and this was all I could find in May).

ETA: If I'm going to exchange, they ask I do it tomorrow.

Thanks!