Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Need help with getting baby seat to work with my bike

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 05-04-20, 08:07 AM
jharmon203

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i am trying to figure out how to add rear bike rake holes to my existing bike.

So browsed this forum for an answer to my particular problem. I know there are plenty of threads about not having the holes to mount a rear rack to your bike. I have all the holes except for the ones near my seat. I have found seat stay options with the holes integrated into them for the rack to get stabilized to, but my question is if these seat stays will work for me. My rear brake has a bracket that is support by the seat stay. It seems the quick release option appears to provide the only mounting solution for this rear bracket. It looks like it has to have a flat surface to clamp to. The seat stay options I have found have that allen bolt slide into the seat stay. I have to use this particular rear rack because it's the only one that will work with this toddler bike seat.

Am I looking at this incorrectly? Is there another option out there other than P clamp? I am not saying p-clamps won't work. I just wanted to see if I could get a simple seat solution.

I tried to post pictures, but the forum won't let me because I am new.

Thanks in advanced for help and sorry if this question has already been answered.
Old 05-04-20, 08:08 AM
jharmon203

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post