Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Peugeot

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-20, 05:11 AM
RDDonaldson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot

Good morning,
I have just joined Bike Forum so I am new to any protocol.
I have a Peugeot racing bike with frame number 1712933 so I know it is a 1973 model.
I would like to know more about this bike.
Any information would be appreciated.
Can you help?
Thank you.
Dave Donaldson
Old 08-11-20, 06:14 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You cannot post pictures withing the thread until you have 10 posts, but you have options. You can upload photos to a hosting site and then leave a link here or I believe you can upload photos into your profile section somehow and there are learned folks here that can see them and copy them here. At least I think that is possible.

Peugeots have a long history and many of us here love them. Even the lower-end ones are very fun to ride.

Look forward to seeing yours. Take pictures from the "drive" side and make sure to give an overall look along with some closer shots of the components, etc.
Old 08-15-20, 05:58 AM
TLaurent 

Bikes: CBT Italia, 73 Peugeot, Gary Fisher Joshua, John Deere custom hybrid, K2 EasyRider, Yakota tandem, Pinarello Montello, Colnago Mexico, Gitane Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 23 Posts
Thanks for the explanation @TugaDude. I am also new to the forum and also have a 1973 Peugeot. This is my first post so I’ll upload some pics as soon as I can. It’s currently a 5 speed since the plastic part of the original front derailleur broke, a common problem with the vintage Suntours. I’m waiting for a Campy replacement to arrive but am still riding. Although I’ve owned it for 30 years, it’s a little big for me so I’m planning to replace it soon.

Last edited by TLaurent; 08-15-20 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-15-20, 06:50 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by TLaurent
Thanks for the explanation TugaDude. I am also new to the forum and also have a 1973 Peugeot. This is my first post so I’ll upload some pics as soon as I can. It’s currently a 5 speed since the plastic part of the original front derailleur broke, a common problem with the vintage Suntours. I’m waiting for a Campy replacement to arrive but am still riding. Although I’ve owned it for 30 years, it’s a little big for me so I’m planning to replace it soon.
You should start your own thread on this once you have enough posts to post pics. You can go to the introduction section to build up some posts. The front derailleur is likely a simplex and yes the clamp on these tend to break over time.
Likes For bikemig: