Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

SAS Bicycle friendly airline 2 Europe

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-07, 08:21 PM
Miguelangel

Bikes: Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I been reading about the different policies of airlines regarding bicycles and found SAS policy to still be bicycle friendly. I have decided to fly them once again to Europe. All my experiences have been great with them, its like the 10th time I fly them. Here is what I found on their web site:

Bicycles
Your bicycle may be included in the free baggage allowance, however it always requires prior request. Normal excess charge applies if your bicycle exceeds the free baggage allowance. However, in some markets deviations exist, please check with your travel agent.

In order to protect other pieces of baggage from damage, bicycles may only be accepted as baggage provided that the handlebar is turned lengthwise and the pedals are removed.

Heres the link:

https://www.flysas.com/en/Travel-info...ecial_baggage/

I hope this helps people having a hard time with DELTA, AMERICAN and other airlines.
Old 04-30-07, 08:45 AM
Travelinguyrt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had great luck with Air France USA to Paris....check in friendly fast and courteous,my bike in a box has never been weighed.....at the Paris end I have had AF employees,assist with reassembly,plus had an armed security guard,meet me as I was leaving CDG and in a freindly manner advised me to take the RER into center city rather than riding.He walked with me to the ticket kiosk and helped get the ticket AND gave me a friendly salute as I went to the train.......That's the best of service!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-07, 08:45 AM
Travelinguyrt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I need to correct the above post somewhat; the AF bike charge appears to be at the discretion of the check in desk....at least here in Miami. I went to the terminal rather than phoning..one call said no charge another sve days later said yes there was now a charge.....when I went to the terminal the young girls told me No charge.......still confusing