Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Weekend Ride - Reedsburg, WI to Sparta, WI on the 400 and Elroy-Sparta State Trails

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Weekend Ride - Reedsburg, WI to Sparta, WI on the 400 and Elroy-Sparta State Trails

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-11, 12:45 PM
jimbojonez

Bikes: 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i took a ride from Reedsburg, WI to Sparta WI and back along the “400″ State Trail and Elroy-Sparta State Trail. This route was about 114 miles round trip after some biking in Sparta to get lunch. This was my first century of the season.

Id really recommend checking these trails out, The 400 is underrated compared to the popular Elroy-Sparta trail.

Blog Post
https://bartsbiking.com/?p=729

-400 State Trail Photo Album
-Elroy-Sparta Photo Album

View of the Baraboo River & Hemlock-Sauk County Park

Sun starting to set in the late afternoon

West entrance of the Kendall Tunnel
Old 06-15-11, 08:25 AM
dannwilliams
Its only pain

Bikes: '18 Salsa Marrakesh, '14 Salsa Colossal, '89 GT Timberline

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I did a trip from River Falls, WI to Illinois a few years back on a loaded touring bike. I used the 4 Trails from Trempaleau all the way to Reedsburg. I found it to be so much more relaxing than on the roads and not having to worry about traffic. Thanks for the write up and pics of your ride.
Old 06-15-11, 09:28 AM
jimbojonez

Bikes: 2011 Trek 7.5 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dannwilliams
I did a trip from River Falls, WI to Illinois a few years back on a loaded touring bike. I used the 4 Trails from Trempaleau all the way to Reedsburg. I found it to be so much more relaxing than on the roads and not having to worry about traffic. Thanks for the write up and pics of your ride.
Nice, thats quite a trek. I do most of my riding on trails and enjoy the peacefulness and views as opposed to road biking.

In the next month im planning on doing all of the "4 Trails" in back to back centuries with an overnight in Trempaleau and cant wait to check out the La Crosse River and Great River Trails.