Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > United Kingdom
Reload this Page >

Panama jack cruiser - help!

Search
Notices
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-20, 03:56 PM
Ceechlo_green

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

A complete newbie to the bicycle world!

I have just bought a Panama Jack Cruiser bike in the UK. It didn't come with any handbrakes which has quickly become a problem! I wondered if anyone had any knowledge on them and if it's possible to fit front or back handbrakes onto it? I understand there are adapter kits but I don't know the first thing about it all.

TIA,

Chloe
Old 05-20-20, 04:24 PM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
I’ve seen some pics of them with front V-brakes.
And some without.
If Yours doesn’t have brake bosses there is no easy/inexpensive way to put a handbrake on the bike. You Could measure from the hole in the fork crown where the fender is mounted down to the rim brake track, see If there is a ”long reach caliper brake” that’d fit. My guess is not.
If that option is gone, you can either get the front wheel rebuilt around a roller or drum brake hub. Or you can fit another fork, one with v-brake bosses.