Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

SLC/Murray Roads

Old 06-02-20, 01:04 PM
mcallaghan

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Merlin Titanium Road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SLC/Murray Roads

Recently moved out here and cycling season is upon us. Live in Murray right now...where it always seems to be extremely windy! The roads are full of gravel too - no idea where it comes from - but the shoulders are mostly un-rideable.

Not sure how they come up with Bike Routes out here - they are relatively nice to ride on, but seem to dump you onto highways that ridewithgps tries to avoid when plotting routes, but Strava shows as 'hot' routes to travel on.

The bike path - forget its name - that runs N/S along the stream/creek is questionable too. Ignoring the families/dog walkers, every underpass is blind (luckily haven't run over anyone yet) and the bridges are narrow and inclined. Worst one I've see has what looks like disintegrating plywood covering it for some reason!

Anyone have any routes or recommendations accessible near Murray? No car so can't drive elsewhere!

Last edited by mcallaghan; 06-02-20 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-12-20, 09:18 AM
sammy76

Bikes: 83 Schwinn World SS, 86 Fuji Monteray, 2010 Raleigh Rush Hour, 1972 Raleigh Chrome MK 2 Fixie, Wabi Classic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Im up in Cottonwood heights the roads here are pretty lame potholes and lots of tar patches...and then there is fort Union!!!!! any way I have seen a bike map which I think was distributed in most bike shops ( if you can get in one).

Absent that check at Flynns cyclery in Holliday that is a good shop and they are very helpful.

Also the N. S. Trail I think you were referring to is the Jordan River Parkway

Good Luck and watch yourself if you go downtown
Old 07-01-20, 08:36 PM
mcallaghan

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Merlin Titanium Road

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been getting some rides in. No car, so limited to Murray. Know of any bike clubs in the area? Would be nice to ride with others from time to time.