Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Anyone want a Beyoncé decal? Spent a while matching the font and colors to 'Bianchi'

Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Anyone want a Beyoncé decal? Spent a while matching the font and colors to 'Bianchi'

Old 07-02-20, 09:01 AM
lyf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I get compliments on this all the time, but at the same time few people notice unless you really look, because Beyoncé looks so much like Bianchi. Usually only cyclists think to look at the bike brand, and then only the extroverted ones will say something about it. It's pretty fun to ride in the city with this.

I'd be happy to post the decal on the forums (Adobe Illustrator file) so anyone can order their own from StickerMule and spread the love!

Have you seen any other fun stickers that encourage double takes or are just silly? It's easily worth more than a couple bucks of fun and conversation starting for years.

For a while in New York City people would replace the CitiBike logo on the CitiBikes with one in the exact same font but that said 'Wu Tang' and I loved it.
Old 07-02-20, 11:37 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4782 Post(s)
Liked 3,899 Times in 2,536 Posts
Not a Beyoncé fan except; I watched the Movie "Cadillac Records" about Chess Records that recorded so many blues musicians in the 50s and 60s (and put Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters on the map. Movie was done on a budget, very fitting for the low budget Chess Records. The music was the songs of the great Chess artists but played by the current musicians playing the parts. The songs are good - but, those were some huge shoes to fill.

Etta James is late in the movie, played by Beyoncé. I had paid zero attention to Beyoncé so I watched with no expectations. The acting - good. Then came the song and OMG this woman can shout out the blues! And put her whole heart, soul and body into the song like it was hers. To this day, I have not looked at her work any further, but I had my eyes opened. I will always know she is the real deal, however she chooses to live out her life.

Ben
Old 07-03-20, 05:17 AM
bonjourpanda

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lyf
I get compliments on this all the time, but at the same time few people notice unless you really look, because Beyoncé looks so much like Bianchi. Usually only cyclists think to look at the bike brand, and then only the extroverted ones will say something about it. It's pretty fun to ride in the city with this.

I'd be happy to post the decal on the forums (Adobe Illustrator file) so anyone can order their own from StickerMule and spread the love!

Have you seen any other fun stickers that encourage double takes or are just silly? It's easily worth more than a couple bucks of fun and conversation starting for years.

For a while in New York City people would replace the CitiBike logo on the CitiBikes with one in the exact same font but that said 'Wu Tang' and I loved it.
Post the decal! It sounds great. Did you design it?
I have a few stickers coming to me in the mail from a bookstore. I'll probably get other cute stickers too, I want some Sailor Moon ones.
Old 07-07-20, 12:07 PM
lyf

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bonjourpanda
Post the decal! It sounds great. Did you design it?
I have a few stickers coming to me in the mail from a bookstore. I'll probably get other cute stickers too, I want some Sailor Moon ones.
Super cool! Would love to see those.

Here's the PDF: https://we.tl/t-gw2tqguwBl

I ordered 10 of them from StickerMule.com, the 12.5" x 3.5" size bumper stickers for $33.

Here's what it looks like! You can edit the PDF in illustrator to match the pantone frame color and font color of most frames.

Old 07-08-20, 11:57 PM
bonjourpanda

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
lyf thanks for sharing your decal!

I'll share my stickered out cycle when all my stickers arrive - I have a folding one so its frame is pretty small.

Last edited by bonjourpanda; 07-08-20 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Autocomplete grammar
Old 06-07-21, 12:31 PM
Trainbike

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 9 Posts
Yess! I had a customer with this decal years ago come into a shop i worked at. Hey got special treatment for sure! Excited to put these on a pista im workig on
Old 06-07-21, 09:39 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
Not a Beyoncé fan except; I watched the Movie "Cadillac Records" about Chess Records that recorded so many blues musicians in the 50s and 60s (and put Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters on the map. Movie was done on a budget, very fitting for the low budget Chess Records. The music was the songs of the great Chess artists but played by the current musicians playing the parts. The songs are good - but, those were some huge shoes to fill.

Etta James is late in the movie, played by Beyoncé. I had paid zero attention to Beyoncé so I watched with no expectations. The acting - good. Then came the song and OMG this woman can shout out the blues! And put her whole heart, soul and body into the song like it was hers. To this day, I have not looked at her work any further, but I had my eyes opened. I will always know she is the real deal, however she chooses to live out her life.

Ben
Reading that made me pull out a Bo record for a spin.....

Likes For StarBiker:
Old 06-08-21, 06:35 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 774 Posts
I had one on my bike, but it used to shimmy so violently going down the road I had to take it off.
Old 07-13-21, 12:33 PM
goldfront 

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
This is awesome! If I had bianchi I would most definitely put one of these stickers in it!