Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Super light, vintage/updated Romic Reynolds 531, 54 cm, 700c road racing bike

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-20, 09:52 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts

SOLD

$1,100 + 175 shipping. Shipping charge includes the box, professional packing of the bike at a bike shop, and FedEx shipping.

16.5 lb for a Reynolds 531 steel frame? (Weighed without bottle cages. Will be sold with the cages.) Seriously? Yep. It really isn’t that hard to do. The bike shifts and rides beautifully. Classic steel feel with a little bit of extra smoothness from the carbon fork. The Rival shifting is superb.

I am offering for sale an ultralight, 54cm complete road racing bicycle built on a custom Reynolds 531 Professional tubing frame. Ray Gasiorowski of Romic Cycles in Houston built this frame for me in 1990, and I had it refurbished and repainted for the last time at Southwest Frameworks in Dallas about 5 years ago. At that time I subbed a carbon fork for the original steel one, not because of any damage, just for modernization and lightening.

The finish is a gorgeous candy apple red, translucent red over a gold base coat. The same gold is used for trim on the head tube and seat tube. The lugs are beautifully lined with white.

As you can imagine the bike has been ridden a lot over those 30 years, but it still rides great and shows no signs of structural defects or wear.

Here is a listing and details of all the component parts on the bike. The componentry has all been modernized:

Frame – Reynolds 531 Professional tubing with Cinelli investment long point lugs and bottom bracket.

Internal rear brake routing.

Geometry:

Seat tube-54 cm-Center of bottom bracket to center of top tube at the seat lug.

Top tube-55 cm-center to center

Head tube-11.8cm

Bottom bracket drop-6.8 cm

Chain stay length-41.6 cm

Fork offset-4.3 cm-Replacement carbon fiber composite fork

Top tube clearance-78.7 cm-center to center

Wheel base-99 cm-center of front wheel to center of rear wheel

Seat tube angle-74 degrees

Head tube angle-73 degrees

Bottom bracket shell threading-English

Fork - Performance Forte full carbon (made by Kinesis, one of the most prestigious producers of carbon fiber bicycle parts), 1 inch diameter. Residual steerer tube length after cutting to fit-20.6 cm from crown race to just below the top cap

Seatpost – Workswell carbon fiber composite, microadjustable.

Bottom Bracket – FSA MegaExo threaded

Headset – Cane Creek level 40

Crankset – FSA SL-K Light, 53/39

Front derailleur – SRAM Rival

Rear derailleur – SRAM Rival 10-speed road.

Brake Calipers – Zero Gravity Titanium with Swisstop Black Prince brake pads, candy apple red anodized.

Shifters/brake levers – SRAM Rival, 10 speed

Cables – Jagwire

Cassette – SRAM Red, 10 speed, 11-25

Chain – KMC X10SL ultralight chain.

Wheels – Handbuilt, clinchers.

Kinlin XR-200 Candy apple red andodized alloy rims with silver brake track

Bike Hub Store Ultralight alloy front hub, 20-hole

American Classic Road 205 rear hub, 24-hole rear

Sapim Laser, 20 front, radially laced, 8 rear, non-drive side, radially laced, 16 rear, drive

side, 3X laced.

Generic, ultralight, alloy skewers, gold color anodized.

Tires – Continental GP 4000S

Saddle – Terry Falcon Y

Stem – FSA OS-99, full alloy, 110mm

Handlebar – Kestrel Carbon, EMS Pro SL

Handlebar tape – Fizik Ultralight

K-Edge chain catcher

I’m sorry that the drivetrain is a bit dirty. I just don’t have the energy to tackle cleaning it up.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Please inspect the photos.. I will not accept a return of the bike for something that is shown in the photos or described here. Despite the frame having been refinished fairly recently, there are some blemishes (paint chips) touched up with auto paint. Hey, stuff happens! They aren’t very obvious, but you will see them upon inspection. I am not very skilled at the touch up thing but have done the best I can. Not every single blemish was photographed, but the photos are representative of the condition of the bike. PLEASE look over the photos VERY CAREFULLY. The blemishes are hard to see. They are slightly uneven off-color spots. Not at all noticeable except upon close inspection.

The fork has some blemishes where the computer sending unit was attached with nylon cable ties. Also touched up.

One more thing. The brakes are set up for a left-handed rider, i.e. front lever is on the right. If you don't want it that way, it would be easy to change and not expensive if you need a professional mechanic to do it for you. I will send spare matching cable inner and outer in case you would need them to do the job.

Shipping cost of $175 includes professional, bike shop packing of the bike for shipment, cost of the shipping box, and insurance besides the FedEx shipping fee. I just want you to know I won't be making anything on the shipping charge.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...

Last edited by rpenmanparker; 06-10-20 at 06:45 PM.