Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Missing the boardwalk

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Missing the boardwalk

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-20, 07:20 AM
Flieswowings

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Missing the boardwalk

Sitting here in my apartment in Philadelphia, it's overcast, slightly rainy. Looking out my window at the concrete jungle. My upstairs neighbor's dog has been barking for 2 hours now. I mostly ride road bikes now, but I miss riding my wife's cruiser down the boardwalk every morning, looking at the waves roll in, I wouldn't even need to put a lock on the bike I could just put the kickstand down and walk onto the beach, take a quick dip in the ocean and keep on riding. I miss the barrier islands and shore towns when I lived at the Jersey shore only a few years ago. I lived across the street from the bay side and 5 blocks from the ocean side. My wife's family still lives around there but I hear the boardwalk is now off limits with the virus quarantine in full effect and everything is taped up. The summer is right around the corner, I'm hoping to pack up that yellow schwinn and make a day trip down the shore and ride the boardwalk once again.
Likes For Flieswowings:
Old 04-24-20, 06:19 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Go to a grocery store near the boardwalk.
Old 04-27-20, 04:54 AM
hannahme

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Seems like you are real bored, lol, but you aren't alone. Coronavirus did damage to all
Old 04-29-20, 07:07 PM
PeugeotBro

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
#metoo
Old 04-30-20, 05:36 AM
Flieswowings

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hannahme
Seems like you are real bored, lol, but you aren't alone. Coronavirus did damage to all
meh, I'm an essential worker so I've been going to work every day and I've been in school as well during this whole virus thing so not much changed for me other than the weather getting a bit nicer day by day. Boredom, yes but not corona-specific.