Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Top of Foot Pain

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Top of Foot Pain

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 08:40 PM
thcri

Bikes: Trek 820 Madone 6.2. Trek 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Top of Foot Pain

I hated having my Madone on the indoor trainer and looked for a good used road bike on Ebay or Craigslist but had no luck so since we had some unused bonus point in an award program I had I got a new Trek 2.1. Kind of nice it serves as a rainy day bike and an indoor trainer bike. When the bike came I set it up as close to my Madone as I could. I had a professional fitting on my Madone a year ago and had no issues with pain or anything other than some seat issues that a new seat fixed.

Here is my problem that I have when having to drive after riding. When I get done riding I will throw my bike in the back of my pickup change from my cleats to my shoes and get in the truck and when I step on the brake I about go through the roof of my pickup the pain is so bad. A very sharp pain and then even stepping on the accelorator the pain is still there but goes away after a bit. If at home when done and don't need to drive I can walk around after I never get this pain. I checked on the Sheldon Brown website for foot pain but it does not discuss what I am experiencing. With my Madone all last year with the same shoes and cleats, pedals I never experienced this pain.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by thcri; 03-28-12 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 09:19 PM
blcknspo0ln

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Allez 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it literally the top of your foot? Try loosening the straps on your shoes. If not, I'd suggest taking a tennis ball or something similar and rolling it around the bottom of your foot post-ride. This should help loosen up your foot.