Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

Regular Sunday Rides on the Chicago Lakefront

Search
Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-18, 07:19 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts

A group of vintage (and sometimes non-vintage) bike people led by Billydavid Ketchum (not on BF, but many here know him) ride along the Chicago Lakefront Trail for coffee and croissants at Bonjour Cafe in Hyde Park (1550 E 55th St). We meet at the rock on the northern edge of McCormick place. Until DST kicks in, we congregate at 9am. Figure another 20-30 minutes to get to the Bonjour. We generally start to head home around 10:30. After DST starts, the McCormick Place meet time will likely move to 8:00 or 8:30.

I come from Evanston, so can meet people pretty much anywhere along the northern reaches of the trail. For example, if you wanted to connect at the parking lot near Foster Beach (Foster and Lake Shore Drive), figure meeting there around 8:10-8:15 (though let me know so I know to look for you). The ride is no drop, more about conversation and admiring bikes than speed. Think of this post as a standing invitation. I will try to post changes as they arise (DST, cancellations for weather, etc).
Old 03-02-18, 08:52 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts
The ride is *on* for Sunday. 9AM at the rock on the north side of McCormick (or head straight to Bonjour and surprise us). Email me if you'd like to meet further north on the trail.