Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Slamming the Lid on 2018

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Slamming the Lid on 2018

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-18, 12:51 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Slamming the Lid on 2018

Well, that's about it fellas.

The generous people of NYC shared their head colds with my whole family last week and its raining here in the ATL so I won't be getting any more miles. 7,841 will have to do.

I climbed almost 67 miles and burned the caloric equivalent of about 1470 slices of pizza. Saw boars and a bear. I rode seven centuries (one fixed) and at least a dozen fixed metrics. I raced my first race ever, three weeks after going to the hospital with Type A flu. Got dropped but dropped a few myself. Crashed once - bloodied and a broken rib but walked away under my own power.

I'm calling this a good year and hope yours was too. I also hope you all stay safe in 2019 and that you all find peace.

See you all on the other side.

-Tim-
Old 12-31-18, 02:26 PM
mouse
dumb

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Well, that's about it fellas.

The generous people of NYC shared their head colds with my whole family last week and its raining here in the ATL so I won't be getting any more miles. 7,841 will have to do.

I climbed almost 67 miles and burned the caloric equivalent of about 1470 slices of pizza. Saw boars and a bear. I rode seven centuries (one fixed) and at least a dozen fixed metrics. I raced my first race ever, three weeks after going to the hospital with Type A flu. Got dropped but dropped a few myself. Crashed once - bloodied and a broken rib but walked away under my own power.

I'm calling this a good year and hope yours was too. I also hope you all stay safe in 2019 and that you all find peace.

See you all on the other side.

-Tim-
Sounds like a productive year Tim! Nicely done
Old 12-31-18, 06:31 PM
StirFry

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Happy new year erryone