Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Carbo Loading LXI

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-20, 08:11 AM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Carbo Loading LXI

May the Fourth be with you.

I see nobody had started a thread for May so here it is.

How you all doing?
Old 05-04-20, 09:22 AM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 83 Posts
Thanks, I thought of this over the weekend while riding but forgot by the time I got home.

The days run together. I’m actually riding more, but with just a couple of others. Miss our club rides. How you doing? Are you in OR or am I getting you confused with another user? I see OR has extended house arrest for two more months.
Old 05-05-20, 02:24 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Damn, it's May already!
Old 05-05-20, 07:59 PM
jimincalif

My next door neighbor is looking for a decent MTB for his son. He went to two nearby LBS, both of them told him they can’t get any bikes right now. They don’t expect to be able to get new bikes before the end of the month at the earliest.
Old 05-05-20, 08:32 PM
dagray

Originally Posted by jimincalif
Thanks, I thought of this over the weekend while riding but forgot by the time I got home.

The days run together. I’m actually riding more, but with just a couple of others. Miss our club rides. How you doing? Are you in OR or am I getting you confused with another user? I see OR has extended house arrest for two more months.

Yes I am in Oregon. Boardman in Morrow County on the Columbia River. Yes the Governor is trying to extend house arrest, but with only 10 cases in our county (8 here in this town as we are the biggest in the county with a population of 3300, and two more in other areas of the county). Four of these cases are completely recovered, and the rest are at home with no hospitalizations.

As we are so rural we are doing as we wish with the exception of small businesses being open, and they are starting to open up.

Parks are open, playground structures are closed. We will probably re-open against the Dictator... ummm I mean Governor's wishes.

The only reason I haven't been on the bike much is I had cysts in the area between the inner thigh and perineum that I had to dig out myself as "elective" surgery is prohibited, and now I am going twice a week to wound care.

I still have physically been going to church as have a few others, and yes we have more than 10 people there (usually less than 20 so far). More people have been out walking, the grocery store here no longer has their employees wearing masks.

I did order a new Garmin taillight with radar so I can tell if vehicles are coming up behind me, and a new set of bib shorts.

On another note the Bug-A-Salt 3.0 is a fun way to eradicate flies in the house it is an air gun that uses table salt as ammunition.
Old 05-05-20, 08:33 PM
dagray

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Damn, it's May already!
As the song from the musical "Camelot" states "Tra La it's May, the lusty month of May"
Old 05-24-20, 04:57 PM
dagray

10.6 miles outside today. first ride in months due to a saddle sore/cyst. felt good. Heart rate a little higher than I like, and the air was super dry, but all in all a good ride.
Old 05-24-20, 10:22 PM
jimincalif

I’m now in Meridian, ID. Had to escape California for a bit. Did my third ride during this visit today out to Lucky Peak State Park and back, just under 55 miles. Absolutely beautiful day for it.
Likes For jimincalif:
Old 05-31-20, 09:38 AM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
With no fanfare, and me not even noticing it until my weekly (manual) Veloviewer update, I climbed my two millionth vertical foot on a bike sometime this month. That is something I genuinely never thought would happen. I don't really like hills much... says the guy who averaged 400k feet a year for five years.

But this year, I break the cycle. I'm roughly on pace to hit 250,000 for the year, and it feels fantastic.