Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Ultegra Di2 or Dura Ace mechanical

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Ultegra Di2 or Dura Ace mechanical

Old 04-04-20, 04:05 PM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by RiceAWay
If you look at Dura Ace Di2, there isn't a lot of difference. The Dura Ace levers are so light that they might float away. And there is a small difference in the weight of the crankset. But so small as not to be much. Otherwise the derailleurs are the same weight and you can get lighter cassettes than the Dura Ace. Since you're using Di2 there's not much problem with shifting on different cassettes.
you completely missed the point of my post.
Likes For noodle soup:
Old 04-04-20, 04:26 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
Would I shell out the $1k to upgrade one of my older bikes to Di2? No. Would I shell out the extra $1k when buying a new bike? Definitely.
Head scratching on this one. Other than the work involved on the swap out, including a potential shop visit on the bottom bracket, if you do this at the get-go you can recoup some of that $1000 by e-baying the mechanical parts. You save some money.
Old 04-30-20, 05:21 AM
MugenSi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
R8050 Di2 all day every day. I will never go back to mechanical (even thought 3 out of 4 of my road bikes are mechanical (6800 Ultegra, 5800 105 & R2000 Claris) and while they all work perfectly and flawlessly, none of them are on par with R8050.
Old 04-30-20, 07:00 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 562 Times in 423 Posts
Can't believe this post is still alive .
Old 05-01-20, 05:55 PM
Dertam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ui2!