Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Is this bike a good deal?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-20, 07:21 PM
Ross520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts

Hi guys, I’m a roadie with ZERO experience mountain biking. Thought I would pickup a decent used one before I spend
the big bucks. Only problem is that I am a complete noob and have not even a modicum of knowledge regarding pricing for these off-road beasts. Is a 2017 Carbon Breezer worth even close-to $1100?

Here’s the CL ad...

https://tucson.craigslist.org/bik/d/...114944798.html

Thanks for your help,

Ross
Old 04-30-20, 06:18 AM
qclabrat

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 63 Posts
Welcome Ross,
looks like a nice bike, I they were selling them for pretty cheap in 2017 based on a few quick reads.
The name is iconic, and I'd rather have one of their steel bikes but like most carbon frames will be made in Asia. But with Breezer name on it, wouldn't worry about quality too much.
It looks to have a fairly steep headtube angle so should climb nice and turn quickly, though some may categorize it as twitchy based on their type of riding.
Suggestion? Give it a test ride, at a park to demo on ups and downs if possible. If its fits the bill, offer $900 and settle somewhere around 1000. good luck
Likes For qclabrat:
Old 04-30-20, 10:33 AM
eshew

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 30 Posts
Sizing is key. If it fits that's a start. Not a lot of info on that bike in terms of geometry or reviews. It will be an XC rocket ship. You won't want to get too crazy on it. If you're looking for a more off road oreiented mountain bike the Kona Honzo has had great reviews but it'll be much more bumpy trail oriented than the Breezer. Although it will also be new. https://centrecitycycles.com/2017-kona-honzo-al-dl/
Likes For eshew:
Old 05-01-20, 08:03 PM
Ross520

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by qclabrat
Welcome Ross,
looks like a nice bike, I they were selling them for pretty cheap in 2017 based on a few quick reads.
The name is iconic, and I'd rather have one of their steel bikes but like most carbon frames will be made in Asia. But with Breezer name on it, wouldn't worry about quality too much.
It looks to have a fairly steep headtube angle so should climb nice and turn quickly, though some may categorize it as twitchy based on their type of riding.
Suggestion? Give it a test ride, at a park to demo on ups and downs if possible. If its fits the bill, offer $900 and settle somewhere around 1000. good luck
Thanks for the advice! I will contact the seller tomorrow and take her for a spin.

Originally Posted by eshew
Sizing is key. If it fits that's a start. Not a lot of info on that bike in terms of geometry or reviews. It will be an XC rocket ship. You won't want to get too crazy on it. If you're looking for a more off road oreiented mountain bike the Kona Honzo has had great reviews but it'll be much more bumpy trail oriented than the Breezer. Although it will also be new. https://centrecitycycles.com/2017-kona-honzo-al-dl/
I'm looking for something most comfortable on single track and fire roads. Don't want to do anything too crazy for fear of hurting myself to the point where I can't ride anymore (cycling is too important for my mental health to lose).

Thanks for responding!
Old 05-03-20, 07:16 PM
JeffJbike

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Did you get this bike?