Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Bulgaria

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Bulgaria

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-20, 10:39 AM
veselatakurabii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Hello from Bulgaria

Hi Everyone,

I am from Eastern Europe and have lived for quite some time in Germany, where I started getting into road bikes (its the new golf for wealthy people, I am in it cause I just like bikes and I am poor lol).

I have 2 1991 Panasonic PR5000s with period correct groupsets, both in museum condition after complete service by me and currently both are hanging off the wall, going out for pleasure rides in good

weather.

Last year I got a 1998 Colnago Dream Art Decor, stripped it of all paint because of galvanic corrosion around the cable guides and since Colnago were kind enough to not help me at all with finding decals

I got it painted with my own design and called the bike Nemo (had a sticker from the US outdoor equipment manufacturer, seemed fitting). All done professionally at a car paint studio with layers of clear

coat so I can really get annoyed every time I chip it somewhere. New Ultegra R8000 groupset and Mavic wheels made it a real Dream to ride - so I took it on a 1000km bikepacking trip in Czech Republic.

I really love working on bikes, I guess even more than riding them. I really hate all new bikes because they look just like new cars - soulless plastic cr*p for single use. Personal opinion.

Currently working towards my 10th post so I can ask for much needed help - not sure if an angry mod will go after me and perma ban me before I do, in this case: wish you all only the very best and

less flat tires during the virus outbreak - its a risk of socializing with someone on the road!

Best wishes,

veselatakurabiika
Old 05-16-20, 04:10 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to your pics.
Old 05-17-20, 10:17 AM
rjam33

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bet the trip to the Czech Republic was awesome! Got the chance to visit for two days a few years ago and hope to go back one day!
Old 05-17-20, 10:18 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Old 05-17-20, 11:39 AM
veselatakurabii

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks for greeting me guys - will post some pics when I get to 10!

Originally Posted by rjam33
I bet the trip to the Czech Republic was awesome! Got the chance to visit for two days a few years ago and hope to go back one day!
You are absolutely right! It was an awesome ride man! If you ever think about getting back here is my experience:

Best cosine in Europe, Prague has become a hotspot for tourists as it used to be cheap and delicious, combined with best looking architecture for the short walks between pubs and restaurants. Best place for beer too, especially BeerGeek bar that offers crafts and ales!

Wait...I was on a bike trip there...yeah Best infrastructure I have ever come across - and thats coming from Germany! You can take your mind off the road and focus on the beautiful nature left and right...and its actually nature as the trees are not standing in line with a tag number on them like in Germany (almost entirely accurate). There are many places where you can tent, both camping places and hiding in the forests like a true adventurer. There is that thing though - many say that Czech is the hardest place in Europe to have long bike trips as the hills eventually get to you. I can confirm - there are almost no flats. But it was worth it!

If we ever get international flights back I wish you get the chance to revisit You will love it - on bike or foot
Old 05-17-20, 04:30 PM
Aaronna2010

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello

Welcome
Old 05-17-20, 07:46 PM
paraclete