Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Origami Thoughts?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Origami Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-18, 07:58 PM
phyko
Wheelnut

Bikes: Fuji feather, Dahon Boardwalk S1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skadoosh
I really just want to know how you feel about this because I honestly don't know where you stand on this right now. I just want to know from the horse's mouth if you feel like you handled that customer service complaint well? I know you said that it would have been better to eat the shipping costs to avoid all of this. But is that because you don't like the bad publicity it caused? Or is it because you feel like you could have provided better customer service and eating the shipping cost is the right thing to do?
Originally Posted by Pinigis
If a product is received with any damage, we will either pay to return it, provide replacement parts, or arrange to have a local shop make any repairs. If you choose to return a damaged product, we reimburse the shipping charges as well.
Wow. I’ve actually recommended your bikes to other people before but not anymore. the OP asked you to answer a simple question about how you handled that situation. But you didn’t even answer that. I still don’t know if you felt like you gave that Kyte person bad customer service or not. You seem
to lack the ability to admit fault. Do you think that that will give you bad publicity or something? If you just admit fault, this thread would have been closed by the second reply. But now it’s going to get longer and longer and it’s going to be one of the first things when people search for origami bicycles. Lol. Ironic right?

Old 05-18-18, 07:59 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Holy crap, the walls of useless text in this thread are awesome. Nice job rehashing a problem from 5 years ago, boys 👍
Old 05-18-18, 08:12 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by phyko
Are you saying less severe complaints are invalid once they become 5 years old? I didn’t realize that bad customer service had a statute of limitations. Lol.
Yes, 5 years is a very long time, enough for people and businesses to change. The only point of any interest seems to be whether this is purposeful trolling or carrying a chip on a shoulder or maybe one and the same. Please find a topic that is actually helpful to the community.
Old 05-18-18, 08:22 PM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts

Wow. I’ve actually recommended your bikes to other people before but not anymore. the OP asked you to answer a simple question about how you handled that situation. But you didn’t even answer that. I still don’t know if you felt like you gave that Kyte person bad customer service or not. You seem
to lack the ability to admit fault. Do you think that that will give you bad publicity or something? If you just admit fault, this thread would have been closed by the second reply. But now it’s going to get longer and longer and it’s going to be one of the first things when people search for origami bicycles. Lol. Ironic right?

go back and read my responses. We should have refunddd the shipping, I stated that already. The response you quoted describes our options if a similar problem would arise today.
Old 05-18-18, 08:33 PM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
Yes, 5 years is a very long time, enough for people and businesses to change. The only point of any interest seems to be whether this is purposeful trolling or carrying a chip on a shoulder or maybe one and the same. Please find a topic that is actually helpful to the community.
I think that is the whole point of this thread. 5 years is a long time. It is enough time for businesses to change. But some companies don’t change. And that is what the OP was trying to figure out. Did the business practices stay the same or did they change? Asking that question is not trolling is it?

And this thread has been useful for me. It is eye opening because the owner of Origami actually posts on this thread. So it shows what kind of person he is. The simple fact that Pinigis won’t say whether or not he felt bad about how that 5 year old situation was handled speaks volumes.
Old 05-18-18, 08:36 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

"speaks volumes"

Now THAT'S funny.
Old 05-18-18, 08:56 PM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

go back and read my responses. We should have refunddd the shipping, I stated that already. The response you quoted describes our options if a similar problem would arise today.
yes you should have refunded the shipping. That was obvious from the first moment.

And i I have read all your responses. You did admit you should have refunded the shippings. But the OP has a valid point saying that there is a difference refunding the shipping because it is the right thing to do vs refunding the shipping to avoid the bad press. And yet we still don’t know why you refunded the shipping..

I have read all your responses on this thread and the original thread. Not once did you say you felt bad about providing bad customer service. Not once did you apologize for using Kytes real name. Not in the original thread and not in this one.

Old 05-18-18, 09:04 PM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
but in all seriousness since I want to know if you can comprehend things. The OP wanted to know if Origami felt bad about how they treated Kyte. Joe, can you tell me how Pinigis feels about that?

I bet you won’t. I bet you will either say something about trolls or how something is lame or something is useless.
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
"speaks volumes"

Now THAT'S funny.
what is funny is that I said you wouldn’t respond to my really simple question and you would just say something non important.
And that is exactly what you did!! Lol. I thought I would be close but not that accurate.

Old 05-18-18, 09:38 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Ah, yes, as usual,...another thread derailed and destroyed.
Old 05-18-18, 09:40 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Ah, yes, as usual,...another thread derailed and destroyed.
This was never going to end well, regardless.
Old 05-18-18, 09:50 PM
fourknees

Bikes: currently: electra townie 21d and 7d,i, durban bay pro 7, raleigh hybrid (2001 c40), burley trailer, a few kids bikes. Former: Townie 3i, weehoo trailer...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My recommendation: Go to LBS, and purchase a bike in person.
Old 05-19-18, 04:42 AM
kidshibuya

Bikes: Tyrell CSI, Dahon Mu LT11, Doppelganger Aurora 219

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What a sad thread. I really don't understand first of all the thinking of these businesses but also the uninvolved people jumping in to defend the indefensible. Seriously why defend these businesses? Are you some anti consumer pro communist warrior? Businesses are meant to be cut down at the knees for providing bad customer service, if not the whole concept of the free market doesn't work. And from the business side, what a missed opportunity, even 5 years later. You come out and say yes, we were idiots, we have made these changes since and we will take care of you. Instead we get the bland reply equivalent of the finger.

Its incredulous. Customers who want bad service and businesses who don't want customers... May you two be happy together.

Last edited by kidshibuya; 05-19-18 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-19-18, 05:31 AM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kidshibuya
And from the business side, what a missed opportunity, even 5 years later. You come out and say yes, we were idiots, we have made these changes since and we will take care of you. Instead we bland reply equivalent of the finger.
This!! +1!!!!!

thank you for being able to put what I have been trying to say so well.

All origami had to do was this and I would have backed them up all the way. I would have told my friends that when this company makes a mistake, they realize their mistake and try to fix it. But noooope.

i hope this is the first post people see when they try to research origami bikes. That the company doesn’t learn from their mistakes and will continue to make the same mistake again and again and again.
Old 05-19-18, 06:28 AM
Pinigis 

This!! +1!!!!!

thank you for being able to put what I have been trying to say so well.

All origami had to do was this and I would have backed them up all the way. I would have told my friends that when this company makes a mistake, they realize their mistake and try to fix it. But noooope.

i hope this is the first post people see when they try to research origami bikes. That the company doesn’t learn from their mistakes and will continue to make the same mistake again and again and again.
You are either unwilling or unable to read and understand my responses; likely unwilling. You state that we continue to make the same mistakes over and over, but you have no evidence of this. We pride ourselves on our customer service and have thousands of happy customers.

Old 05-19-18, 06:57 AM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are either unwilling or unable to read and understand my responses; likely unwilling. You state that we continue to make the same mistakes over and over, but you have no evidence of this. We pride ourselves on our customer service and have thousands of happy customers.

Okay. I think you completely missed the point of my post. The point is that you will make the same mistakes again and again if you don’t acknowledge that you made a mistake. I didn’t not say you CONTINUE to make the same mistakes over and over. I said you WILL make the same mistake over and over (because you don’t seem to acknowledge you made a mistake). Do you understand the difference?

Since you think I don’t understand your responses, Can you please point to your response that shows where you learned from your mistake? Where you specifically say that you made a mistake. Where you specifically apologized. All you have said is (these are your exact words) “In retrospect, it would have been a lot better to eat the return shipping costs to avoid all of this.” Please note that you didn’t say that you should have refunded the shipping because you felt it was the right thing to do. You implied that you should have refunded the shipping to avoid having that old thread created.

that is like me getting caught for cheating on a test and getting sent to detention. Then I say, “In retrospect, it would have been a lot better not cheat on the test to avoid detention”. That is the wrong thing to say. You shouldnt cheat to avoid detention. You shouldn’t cheat because cheating is wrong. And there is a huge difference there. And that simple difference is what you don’t seem to understand.

you should refund the shipping because it was the right move. It shows you care enough about the customer that you don’t want them to incur any cost for your error. You shouldn’t refund the shipping to avoid bad threads being started. That shows that you don’t care about the customer and you just want to cover your butt.

i don’t think think you are going reply to my request and point to where you have shown where you learned your mistake. Because you really Haven't.

it is simple. Show me where you admit you gave bad customer service and have changed because of it. Show me where you acknowledge making a mistake. Show me where you apologized. Go ahead show me and I will eat crow.

Last edited by phyko; 05-19-18 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Fixing auto correct
Old 05-19-18, 07:03 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
This thread could do with some more love and mutual respect.

Old 05-19-18, 07:38 AM
Pinigis 

Okay. I think you completely missed the point of my post. The point is that you will make the same mistakes again and again if you don’t acknowledge that you made a mistake. I didn’t not say you CONTINUE to make the same mistakes over and over. I said you WILL make the same mistake over and over (because you don’t seem to acknowledge you made a mistake). Do you understand the difference?

Since you think I don’t understand your responses, Can you please point to your response that shows where you learned from your mistake? Where you specifically say that you made a mistake. Where you specifically apologized. All you have said is (these are your exact words) “In retrospect, it would have been a lot better to eat the return shipping costs to avoid all of this.” Please note that you didn’t say that you should have refunded the shipping because you felt it was the right thing to do. You implied that you should have refunded the shipping to avoid having that old thread created.

that is like me getting caught for cheating on a test and getting sent to detention. Then I say, “In retrospect, it would have been a lot better not cheat on the test to avoid detention”. That is the wrong thing to say. You shouldnt cheat to avoid detention. You shouldn’t cheat because cheating is wrong. And there is a huge difference there. And that simple difference is what you don’t seem to understand.

you should refund the shipping because it was the right move. It shows you care enough about the customer that you don’t want them to incur any cost for your error. You shouldn’t refund the shipping to avoid bad threads being started. That shows that you don’t care about the customer and you just want to cover your butt.

i don’t think think you are going reply to my request and point to where you have shown where you learned your mistake. Because you really Haven't.

it is simple. Show me where you admit you gave bad customer service and have changed because of it. Show me where you acknowledge making a mistake. Show me where you apologized. Go ahead show me and I will eat crow.
We respect, and answer to, our customers. I have no interest in continuing any discussion with you.
Old 05-19-18, 07:45 AM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We respect, and answer to, our customers. I have no interest in continuing any discussion with you.
hahahaa. I knew it! You couldn’t even point to ONE instance to prove your point. I wasn’t even asking for a discussion. Just point to one of your replies where you apologized. That is all. No discussion needed. Just show one reply where you apologized. Just one.

You were here the one who complained that I didn’t have evidence. And when I ask you for your evidence, you cant even deliver one. Hahaha.
Old 05-19-18, 11:26 AM
badmother

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skadoosh
Just curious. Exactly what do you consider negative "nonsens" ? Was it when I said that I would like someone to show contrition or admit they made a mistake? Is that nonsense? That seems like reasonable behavior.

Was it asking if customer service has changed since that incident 5 years ago? Is that nonsense? I honestly want to know if customer service has changed because I feel like that situation was not handled well. And I want to know if I have an issue, is that how they are going to handle it, or has something changed? So please tell me, what is nonsense about asking if something has changed? If someone used to use performance enhancing drugs in the past, is it nonsense to wonder if they will still use performance enhancing drugs now or did they change?

Or was it when I showed what concerned me about how the owner of the company handled the situation? I am trying to explain what is concerning to me so that people can address it. How is that nonsense? I was just reiterating what happened to back up my points. Plus I did not make anything up or try to misconstrue the situation in the original post.

Was it saying that even though the original post was old, that it is still the first thing people see when they use google to search for origami bicycles? How is that nonsense? That is stating a fact. Try it yourself. Google "origami bicycles".

So please tell me what is nonsense? Let me know what you find so unreasonable or what doesn't make sense to you. Just so I won't "waist" your time.

Also, what am I doing to ruin the reputation of the company? Have I said anything that wasn't true about them? Please show me where I did that. And if I did, then I will apologize and admit my mistake. Also, I haven't said that the company or their customer service is bad. I just said that their customer service was bad in that situation (not refunding original shipping, using the customer's real name in the thread, dismissing a legitimate complaint as just venting, taking two months to refund the money). Unless you think doing all those things are perfectly reasonable and they did a really amazing customer service in that situation.
I said MUCH negative nonsens. You write as if your life depended on it. Who do you think bother to read it all?

This is what this forum is for:

"Folding bikes. Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs."

One more on the ignore list.

Last edited by badmother; 05-19-18 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-19-18, 12:36 PM
phyko
Wheelnut

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badmother
I said MUCH negative nonsens. You write as if your life depended on it. Who do you think bother to read it all?

This is what this forum is for:

"Folding bikes.
how can you call what the OP wrote as nonsense when you didn’t bother to read it. If you did bother to read the original post, you will see that they didn’t have a problem. They just want to know current experiences and if the customer service has changed since the 5 year old thread. You are another person who doesn’t seem to understand what the whole point of this thread is. You seem to make comments and make assumptions without even reading what people write. The OP asked you to say what was so nonsensical about what he wrote. You can even do that. The OP and some other people write a lot to support the things they say. Unlike people who call posts nonsense and then don’t provide evidence.

you are right that this is a folding bike forum. Origami is a folding bike company. What is your issue there?

Old 05-19-18, 12:50 PM
Joe Remi

I love lamp.
Old 05-19-18, 03:01 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Paul I just want to add that your presence on this forum has been informative and I think it's important that owners are part of the discussions. I looked at both Downtube and Origami and have no doubt both company products would perform similar to my Dahon. I was new to folders and a bit apprehensive so I went through a local LL Bean so I had an easy return if I hated the bike. However I would say to a newcomer that those are great options. I really enjoy the folders over my regular bikes and now have 3.
Old 05-19-18, 06:33 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,470 Posts
After cleaning up this thread, there doesn’t seem to be anything more to say or add. Stays closed