Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

New Japan video

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

New Japan video

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-23, 10:23 PM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts
New Japan video

Old 11-26-23, 11:09 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Look forward to watching another of your trip videos. Always impressed by how much time you put into these. Cheers
Old 11-26-23, 12:56 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked 1,376 Times in 721 Posts
Perfect timing! Went through my indoor trainer bike this morning and will set it up soon. I absolutely love the videos of Japan tours. Only been there once, and gave serious thought of living there 40 years ago, however talk about sticking out like a sore thumb...lol.
Old 11-26-23, 06:29 PM
waddo

Hope you enjoyed it. This one took even longer to edit due to weird behaviour of the very old action cam--now replaced with a less old one!
Old 11-27-23, 12:05 PM
sapporoguy

Bikes: 2000 Santana Sovereign SE; 2005 Co-Motion Speedster; Kona Kilauea with various dorky commuter accoutrements; Mercier Kilo TT fixie; Burley Fladbed trailer for groceries, bags of cement and the like.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 41 Posts
Thanks for another inspiring video, @waddo! I’m particularly enchanted with your elegant portrayal of water—rivers, streams, lakes, waterfalls, onsen, rain.
My stoker and I will be following some of your tracks next summer in Hokkaido and Tohoku, and your videos make us all the more eager to set off.
Old 11-27-23, 10:40 PM
waddo

Hope you have a great trip: small warning: there was so much water in this video because Tohoku has become much hotter than previous years. I imagine Hokkaido will be fine but you are best off camping in Tohoku in places where you can either swim or shower (one way or another!)
Old 11-28-23, 05:06 PM
50PlusCycling

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 412 Posts
In July I spent a week riding the Towada Lake area in Aomori, and the weather was idyllic. It was cool, green, and there was water everywhere. In the second half of July I spent another week riding around Okinawa and Miyako Island, and it was hotter than hell. There was a massive undersea eruption near Tonga in 2022, and it was said to have increased water vapor levels in the atmosphere by some 17%, which means hotter weather. But, days after my Miyako Island ride, I had to go to New York City for 2 weeks, and the weather was surprisingly cool and clear.