Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

E-Bike apps

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

E-Bike apps

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-20, 05:22 PM
CanyonCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
E-Bike apps

Does anyone know of any e-bike manufacturers who are creating apps for their e-bikes to help manage power and range? I had a wonderful e-bike made by Faraday (San Francisco based company that recently sold). For a while, the company was supporting a very handy app that would allow riders to control their max speed and power settings. I found this super helpful to squeeze out a few extra miles on my daily commute. The bike also went a little too fast for my comfort, so I reduced the max speed via the app. This allowed me to pedal freely without having to think about how fast I was going. I haven't seen this with other companies and am just curious if others would find this useful for their e-bikes and what other settings you would like to be able to control on your bike.
Old 07-12-20, 07:39 PM
Sackaroo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Greetings! Specialized has an app called Mission Control and it enables you to control a variety of power functions on all of their ebikes. In addition, it allows you to set certain parameters (like heart rate) and the bike will select the amount of assist it provides you in order for you to obtain your goal and not run out of battery. I hope this helps!
Likes For Sackaroo:
Old 07-14-20, 05:07 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/products/cobibike/
Old 08-17-20, 03:32 PM
Wee man1

Bikes: Velosolex

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks

Did not know about these thanks Ed
Old 08-27-20, 09:07 PM
Klaw

Bikes: Diamondback Response Sport '07 w BBSHD 1000W, Downtube 9FS ’08 w BBS02 750W, 2016 Cannondale Hooligan, 1996 Trek 800. 2022 Mercier Nano

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CanyonCooler
Does anyone know of any e-bike manufacturers who are creating apps for their e-bikes to help manage power and range? I had a wonderful e-bike made by Faraday (San Francisco based company that recently sold). For a while, the company was supporting a very handy app that would allow riders to control their max speed and power settings. I found this super helpful to squeeze out a few extra miles on my daily commute. The bike also went a little too fast for my comfort, so I reduced the max speed via the app. This allowed me to pedal freely without having to think about how fast I was going. I haven't seen this with other companies and am just curious if others would find this useful for their e-bikes and what other settings you would like to be able to control on your bike.
Eggrider is a display/app that works with many motor manufacturers like Bafang. Bluetooth enabled, you can use a phone as the display or use it's very small handlebar display, but a ton of options in the app.
Old 08-27-20, 09:27 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
bosch does not let you control the bike or change the parameters. plus it only works if your bike has a smartphone hub and thats not often.