Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Looking for Info on 1980 Schwinn "mini beach cruiser"

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-20, 10:12 PM
xRyan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hello all,

I stumbled accross a frame today I found really intresting. The seller is calling it a mini beach cruiser 20". I asked if I was a kids frame but he just responded as it being a mini bike. Did they bulld these frames as say... a mini velo frame (full size frame with 20" wheels)? The only markings I can see on the frame are "MR6"

I tried googling and looming for some info but I don't see to much for 20" schwinn other than the stingrays.

any ideas on worth? Its frame only no fork. Seems to be repainted.

I really like the mini velo compactness and I've been wanting to build a cool klunker type bike 🤔
Old 06-03-20, 11:17 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
They built a similar cruiser style frame for the Kids bikes and for Sting Rays. I suspect the bike you are seeing is a custom made bike. I do not remember factory ones being built. Roger
Old 06-03-20, 08:01 PM
xRyan

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
They built a similar cruiser style frame for the Kids bikes and for Sting Rays. I suspect the bike you are seeing is a custom made bike. I do not remember factory ones being built. Roger
Im Thinking it's going to be a stingray frame. Its looks small let me post the ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283558263008
Old 06-04-20, 07:30 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
You better be short or build it like a Sting Ray or use it for display or you will never be able to ride it. Good luck with what you decide to do. Roger
Old 07-06-20, 05:40 PM
schwinnbikebob

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 16 Posts
Yes pretty small