Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New Appreciation for Mino Denti

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 06-24-20, 06:33 PM
joluja 
_______

Bikes: Merckx Corsa Extra, Ciocc Mockba, Zeus Victoria, Serotta CDA, Willier Cento 1SR, Pinarello FP Quattro, Teledyne Titan, Chesini Arena Precision 83, Denti Master, De Rosa 35th Anniversario, 3Rensho Super Record, Koga Miyata Full Pro, Klein Rascal

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 30 Posts

I needed a project for an 84 Super Record group and found this Mino Denti Master frame an ideal fit. I’m very impressed with the quality of the frame and love the crimped SL tubes, indented seat tube and “aero” forks. Sadly, there is next to no information on vintage Denti’s but they are quite beautiful frames (lady bugs and all)...

Likes For joluja:
Old 06-24-20, 07:31 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1073 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 924 Posts
^ That's mint.

They're a bit like Somecs in my opinion - high end craftmanship, but few and far between. Here's a bit of info I stole from SVB:

Professional cyclist in the late 1960s with Salvarani, Faema and Scic teams, Mino Denti left competitions to grab torch and file in 1979. One year later, he partnered with Salvi Ettore of Delta Bike S.N.C who contributed turn the Denti brand into a bigger company. However, Mr Denti left the bicycle industry before the mass-production took over.

I think mass-production is a relative term here. They certainly favoured a tight rear triangle!
Likes For P!N20:
Old 06-24-20, 09:20 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 926 Times in 319 Posts
Back in 1985 Denti was co sponsor of a Professional cycling team out of Mexico ,I saw them race once and I remember them because one of the riders was non other than Raul Alcala whom you probably have heard of. They were riding Denti Bikes at the time.

The Team was Denti- Valtron.

https://www.cyclingarchives.com/ploegfiche.php?id=6746
Likes For Manny66:
Old 06-24-20, 09:23 PM
joluja 
_______

Bikes: Merckx Corsa Extra, Ciocc Mockba, Zeus Victoria, Serotta CDA, Willier Cento 1SR, Pinarello FP Quattro, Teledyne Titan, Chesini Arena Precision 83, Denti Master, De Rosa 35th Anniversario, 3Rensho Super Record, Koga Miyata Full Pro, Klein Rascal

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 30 Posts
Great info thanks!
Old 06-25-20, 01:16 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked 2,734 Times in 526 Posts
Great find, that looks spotless.

I agree they are great underrated bikes with some lovely flourishes. I've got a Columbus SL 'road tech five', seen here with modern forks though I do still have the ladybird embossed original chrome ones.

The top, down and seat tubes are all teardrop shaped Gilco tubing. It has fastback seat stays, bulbous seat stays that look like Popeye's arms, and nice looking spear point seat tube lugs

More spear point lugs on the bottom bracket, and finished off in that famous Italian Azzurri blue.

I've had this bike for 11 years, it was my first geared road bike and it made me properly fall in love with cycling. 8 road frames later and that addiction is still in full swing, but I've still got this one, and likely always will. In its current set up its my lightest and most comfortable bike. We've done many 1000's of miles together, and my current longest ever ride in a day of 211 miles was done on this bike, so I am hopelessly sentimental about it and its very special to me.

They are great bikes and I hope you have many happy years and miles on yours.

Last edited by botty kayer; 06-25-20 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-25-20, 01:12 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked 2,031 Times in 1,245 Posts
Candy cane! Lovely bike.