Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Repair or replace rock shocks Judy xc 2000

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20, 09:46 PM
mshinder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone have links or source for parts like elastomer and springs... for the fork below, or any similar (or better) one to replace it with?

ROCK SHOX JUDY XC 1 1/8" x 7 3/8" THREADLESS STEERER

28mm seals/ stantions

This is the one I have done on my Gary fisher bike
Old 08-27-20, 11:02 AM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
This will probably be tough to find. I’m not sure what I’m going to do when I can’t get my Marzocchi fork seals.

Probably see if I can get a decent 26” disc fork. Maybe run BB7’s with a new front wheel.

This winter I’ll probably see if I can get seals for my forks.

John
Old 08-28-20, 02:38 PM
Flakarter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Try suspensionforkparts dot net (this site won't let me me post a link yet until I have 10 posts).

I have been trying to replace my 2000 Jett fork (I can't rebuild it because it is seized) and I've had no luck, and all of the newer forks are too tall (axel to crown) and make the bike look like a 1960's chopper!
Old 08-29-20, 03:16 AM
crankholio

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
I'd go with replacing the whole fork. The Rockshox 30 Silver TK is a decent coil fork and will take a v-brake. The Rockshox Recon Silver TK is an air model that will take a v-brake. Or if you find something you like without v-brake mounts, put an Avid BB7 on it, and you're ready to ride.
Old 08-29-20, 05:21 AM
Flakarter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crankholio
I'd go with replacing the whole fork. The Rockshox 30 Silver TK is a decent coil fork and will take a v-brake. The Rockshox Recon Silver TK is an air model that will take a v-brake. Or if you find something you like without v-brake mounts, put an Avid BB7 on it, and you're ready to ride.
I recently tried the 30 TK Silver on my 2000 Gary Fisher Marlin, and it is much too long. The axel to crown distance is about 45-50mm longer and raises the front of the bike far too much. I even took it apart and had it shortened by about 20mm and it was still too tall. It looked goofy and would not ride well off road.
Old 08-29-20, 05:27 AM
crankholio

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Flakarter
I recently tried the 30 TK Silver on my 2000 Gary Fisher Marlin, and it is much too long. The axel to crown distance is about 45-50mm longer and raises the front of the bike far too much. I even took it apart and had it shortened by about 20mm and it was still too tall. It looked goofy and would not ride well off road.
I think OP's Judy is an 80 or 100. A modern XC fork w/ 100mm travel should work well for replacement. Not sure what stock fork was on your Marlin.

Edit: looks like your 2000 Marlin's Jett fork was 63mm travel. I tried looking for 63mm 26" forks, and Suntour claims they make a few, but finding them in practice is difficult. I'm the type of person that loves fixing up older bikes, but if I couldn't find a quality fork that worked well with its geometry, I'd probably start looking at new frames.

Last edited by crankholio; 08-29-20 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Added info
Likes For crankholio:
Old 08-29-20, 01:33 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Is this what you need?
NOS/NIB Rockshox Judy Long Travel Rebuild Kit: 80mm - Hydracoil - 1998-2002 RARE - Bike Recyclery