Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

New Light & Motion Headlight Inferior in Design

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 09-17-20, 06:01 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts

I bought the L & M Urban 800 because it featured very bright yellow/amber sidelights The slip on mounting post busted off after very a year or so of light usage.

I have been impressed with the recent service I received. And although their initial response was less than satisfactory, I later received a message about an oversight.
I received, free of charge the new version of my Urban 800, the new VIS PRO 1000 TRAIL.

This light is slightly brighter, BUT, it has RED, YES RED sidelights that are less than half the brightness of my original Urban 800.

This doesn't make any sense. Perhaps, someone can tell me what's going on over there???

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-17-20, 06:30 PM
gsa103

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito (Celeste, of course)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 77 Posts
The VIS 1000 Pro Blacktop still has yellow lights. It's probably because you got the Trail version which says it's for gravel and bikepacking. See if you can exchange it. The red lights are better for preserving night vision.
Likes For gsa103:
Old 09-18-20, 08:32 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Yeah, it is for offroad biking. It has more of a spot beam pattern too, more appropriate for trails. Not quite an equivalent replacement. I would talk to them, they are a good company.

Last edited by GeneO; 09-18-20 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-20-20, 03:41 PM
bikebikebike

Bikes: Downtube IX NS&FS, Dahon Speed8Pro/Matrix/Curve, Brom S2L,Montague Para, ICE-XL w/Rollie/Schlumpf, Trident Spike, ebikes, BFSatRDay

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 81 Posts
They are pretty responsive.
The Urban line got redesigned and I always like the former version of everything
The older model had an 18650 you could replace, the one not so much.
Not the mount I would have designed , but pretty durable
and I have been getting 3-4 years out of them, and the Urban 350 goes for less than the cost of a battery replacement.