Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Silicon Valley

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-20, 04:32 PM
bbpo8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts

Coronavirus motivated me to get deeper into bicycling. I've been riding bikes since 1955 - for fun, commuting, touring and exploration.
I bought a new gravel bike this spring and am exploring the new bike paths in the area. I've been researching different aspects of bicycles and will be writing about them.
I found myself coming back to this site for information on vintage bicycles and decided it was time to join.
Old 10-17-20, 05:24 PM
kevsf

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbpo8
Coronavirus motivated me to get deeper into bicycling. I've been riding bikes since 1955 - for fun, commuting, touring and exploration.
I bought a new gravel bike this spring and am exploring the new bike paths in the area. I've been researching different aspects of bicycles and will be writing about them.
I found myself coming back to this site for information on vintage bicycles and decided it was time to join.
welcome! I too am from the Bay Area and am trying to get into biking per coronavirus.
Old 10-17-20, 06:03 PM
bbpo8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kevsf
welcome! I too am from the Bay Area and am trying to get into biking per coronavirus.
Hey keysf. We're really lucky to be close to so many good rides. I love getting maps of bike routes and exploring them. The Santa Clara Valley Bikeways map is free from the Valley Transit Authority (VTA), for example. There are many great trips in the mountains to the east of us. I would guess there are similar maps and routes for your area. There are online resources too, like Google Maps, but nothing can replace a good paper map.
I bought a gravel bike because it's not much slower than a road bike and it enables you to go on dirt roads and get away from traffic.
Happy cycling!
Likes For bbpo8:
Old 10-18-20, 11:52 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2577 Post(s)
Liked 5,625 Times in 2,914 Posts
As a former Bar Arean it is an ideal location for unlimited miles of any type of cycling. Welcome back to the fold. (COVID got me back too)

Likes For rsbob:
Old 10-18-20, 10:27 PM
kevsf

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbpo8
Hey keysf. We're really lucky to be close to so many good rides. I love getting maps of bike routes and exploring them. The Santa Clara Valley Bikeways map is free from the Valley Transit Authority (VTA), for example. There are many great trips in the mountains to the east of us. I would guess there are similar maps and routes for your area. There are online resources too, like Google Maps, but nothing can replace a good paper map.
I bought a gravel bike because it's not much slower than a road bike and it enables you to go on dirt roads and get away from traffic.
Happy cycling!
thanks! I’ll check out the VTA routes!