Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know of Premium Cycling in Slovenia?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-19, 02:54 PM
Tbobx

Location: Lakewood Ranch FL, Occassionally Woods Hole MA and East Marion NY

Bikes: Seven AxiomS Road, Colnago Master Saronni Del Tongo, Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I am trying to buy a vintage Colnago from a company called Premium Cycling in Ljubljana Slovenia. They have a website, Facebook and Instagram presence but not much else. They do not take credit cards and their Paypal is set up for a personal account, not a business account, which limits my protections as the buyer. I am looking for anyone to give the company a vote of confidence before I send a chunk of money their way.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-14-19, 06:00 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Never heard of them, but maybe you could seek out and independently verify a different well-established bike store or touring operation (or several) in Slovenia and contact them for an opinion or any history. There are pretty bikes on the website, but for the prices they're asking, I would never take a leap of faith. I'd want to be sure.
Old 06-03-19, 02:59 PM
Tbobx

Location: Lakewood Ranch FL, Occassionally Woods Hole MA and East Marion NY

Bikes: Seven AxiomS Road, Colnago Master Saronni Del Tongo, Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Just to close the loop on this ... after refusing to use Paypal as a private transaction because the buyer (Me) has no protection from fraud, I went searching for a solution. I did buy the bike and used escrow.com to handle the transaction. The seller told me the fee was less than Paypal would have charged him and the transaction was transparent and flawless. Communication between buyer, seller and escrow holder was mostly within the escrow platform in case there was a question later.

Premium Cycling represented the bicycle clearly and completely and I am happy with the bicycle and successful transaction. I would definitely buy another bicycle from them and use escrow.com to handle the transaction.
Likes For Tbobx:
Old 06-03-19, 03:29 PM
satbuilder 

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 103 Posts
I've dealt with Jure before. Bought a bunch of pantographed Colnago parts from him.

No problems whatsoever. He advertises a lot of stuff on Steel Is Real facebook page. The parts he sent me were packaged well, and as described.

I'd deal with him again.
Likes For satbuilder: