Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Ben Hurt III Chariot Wars - MBW Valentines Day 2009

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-09, 09:41 PM
Capn ¡FUN!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been putting together this bike chariot battle every minibikewinter for the past couple years. Hope y'all can make it out! It's late notice, but I REALLY hope you can build a chariot and compete!

Ben Hurt III Chariot Wars | MBW Valentines Day 2009

https://www.zoobomb.net/minibikewinter or chatter and sh1t3 talking here: https://zoobomb.net/forums/index.php?topic=19751

Watch the video from last year for posterity and cuz I didn't get around to making one this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuf_aUc-wwg

2/14/2009, 11:00am
Meet at SE 47th & SE Taylor for Brunch. Bring food to share. We will ride to event location at 1pm.

Ye Same Ol' RULES:

* Sidehacks are still legal. Deal with it.
* Crowd participation is still ILLEGAL. Yes you can throw your beer cans, but if you start to clothsline, tackle, hit, beat, or otherwise impede the warriors you will be beaten upon by our favorite cave troll, ie: dutch. (ps, I need more volunteer referees to keep the crowd in control.) Anyone who didn't build a chariot better be on their best behavior, you lazy *******s. As for the warriors who have already been DQ'd, you have a little more leeway than the spectators, but remember: YOU LOST. Let the people who are better than you continue fighting each other. IE: You can take your cheap shots, just don't get in the way of chariot-on-chariot action.

Anyway:

1) Knightly conduct. If you are there to hurt and not have fun we will gang up on your ass and spill your intestines on the creosote soaked earth.

2) Chariots must roll. Yes, if your chariot is not moving you suck and lose, *******.

3) Gladiator and Steed much stay in contact with chariot/bike. Get separated and your @$$ will be pummeled by a a horny stegosaurus. And you will lose.

[/size]

Got questions? Answers? Insults? Wanna place to stay? Go here: www.zoobomb.net/minibikewinter
or you can email me: gabrielamadeus@gmail.com

All the below flyers here: https://flickr.com/photos/gabrielamad...7613058639884/

ps: I'm going to kick your @$$ this year.
Old 02-06-09, 06:33 PM
lyledriver
Electrical Hazard

Bikes: a bunch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm pretty bummed i cannot make it this year. Hope the new location works out well for ya!
Old 02-08-09, 03:17 PM
PLyTheMan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I lived in the NW instead of the NE I'd be there in an instant. I'll just have to wait for some videos to hit youtube...
Old 02-11-09, 02:45 AM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Dang!!!!

I'm going to be able to be there on the 15th, but not Valentine's Day (gotta work ).

Have fun, don't get hurt.
Old 02-12-09, 06:43 PM
StephenH
Uber Goober

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
This fellow is evidently in the wrong part of the world:
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/1031744987.html
Old 02-17-09, 02:59 PM
SpokesInMyPoop
Ha Ha! Boss.

Bikes: Univega custom 14sp mixte + Sears 3sp groceryhoggg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well, if he lived in portland, OR, he could sign up for the adult soapbox derby, which is a ton of fun. it does cost something like $300 for a team to register, tho.