Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Hertfordshire UK

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-21, 04:22 PM
Pavone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Hello all, new member here from Hertfordshire, about 30 miles north of London. I知 63 in a couple of weeks and have been cycling since my teens (with a few breaks). I have been dipping into this forum for a while now, since I got bitten by the restoration bug, and have found it to be a mine of useful information. Maybe now I will be able to share my own bits of wisdom, such as they are. I知 quite obsessive about cycling, bikes old and new, history of cycle sport, etc. Oh and I ride a bit too.
Cheers!
Old 03-20-21, 04:40 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy there!
Old 03-21-21, 06:59 PM
vehill

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I believe I have caught that bug as well...
Old 03-22-21, 03:42 AM
Pavone

It gets you, doesn’t it vehill? In 2016 I decided to restore my Pavone, a race bike I’ve owned from new since 1982. In its finished state I rode it at Eroica California 2018 to celebrate my 60th. I expected that to be a one-off project but found the process so satisfying that I wanted to do more. At last count I have 6 ongoing projects in the garage! I think I may have got carried away a bit . . .
Old 03-28-21, 06:38 PM
vehill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes it really does! I started out with an 80s Miyata, now I also have about 4 projects on the go. I recently got a Gazelle racing bike from 1983 and it would be so cool to ride that at L'Eroica! I searched up Pavone, seems like you got a nice bike there!
​​​​​​​
Old 03-29-21, 01:50 PM
Pavone

Originally Posted by vehill
Yes it really does! I started out with an 80s Miyata, now I also have about 4 projects on the go. I recently got a Gazelle racing bike from 1983 and it would be so cool to ride that at L'Eroica! I searched up Pavone, seems like you got a nice bike there!
​​​​​​​
Thanks 😀 Actually I’m amazed you found any information about Pavones, there isn’t much out there. Where did you find it, may I ask? As soon as I’m able to post photos I’ll put one up of mine. Sounds like you too have some nice machines. You should definitely ride that Gazelle at Eroica, especially Eroica Limburg since it’s Dutch. You don’t see so many Dutch race bikes around (well outside of the Netherlands anyway lol). Come to think of it, are you Dutch?
Old 03-29-21, 03:14 PM
Randizzle76

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!
Old 04-04-21, 09:05 PM
vehill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pavone
Thanks 😀 Actually I知 amazed you found any information about Pavones, there isn稚 much out there. Where did you find it, may I ask? As soon as I知 able to post photos I値l put one up of mine. Sounds like you too have some nice machines. You should definitely ride that Gazelle at Eroica, especially Eroica Limburg since it痴 Dutch. You don稚 see so many Dutch race bikes around (well outside of the Netherlands anyway lol). Come to think of it, are you Dutch?
I just did a google search for the Pavone and found some pictures and they all seemed like really good quality (I'll check out your pictures when you post them)! But you are right, there does not seem to be much information about them. I'm actually in Canada, and I bought the Gazelle off a very lovely elderly woman who was selling off her late husband's bicycle collection. They had both emigrated from the Netherlands and brought the Gazelle with them. It is in fantastic shape, though it does have some non-original parts. Very rare bike out here, especially in Western Canada.
Old 04-04-21, 10:04 PM
stabilisersFTW

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi
Old 04-27-21, 05:47 AM
Pavone

Here’s my Pavone at Eroica California in 2018.
Old 04-27-21, 01:28 PM
seibaatgung

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Welcome!