Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1986 Team Fuji

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-21, 08:20 AM
Joe.miata

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1986 Team Fuji

Hello all-

I have pulled my Team Fuji off the garage rafters recently. Decided to wash it, and then just stared at it. Its near pristine- with all the layers of protective dust that was on it on it. I went thru the gearing, shifting and brakes, cleaning the grease and grime out of the cassette and front chain rings. Everything still works great. Full-original Suntour Sprint setup. Probably last ridden in 2005 for the Hotter'N Hell 100.

Is there any real value in these bikes currently, or just sentimental? What should I do with it? I can't stop staring at it.
Old 04-13-21, 08:23 AM
sheddle

Bikes: my precious steel boys

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 359 Posts
Upper end Japanese bikes with the original parts could go for a decent amount depending on the market. $300 or so wouldn't be out of line, maybe a bit more in a large market for used bikes.
Old 04-13-21, 10:50 AM
romperrr 
Pedal to the medal

Bikes: 1991 Team Miyata Track, 1992 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 19?? Schwinn High Serra, 1982 Trek 614, 198X Raleigh Alyeska

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 131 Posts
I'd encourage you to most a post in the CV appraisals section if you haven't already. Price really depends on your market.

If you can't stop staring at it, you should consider riding it.
Old 04-13-21, 11:05 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,600 Times in 3,785 Posts
Thread moved from a thread in C&V to its own thread in C&V Appraisals.

Old 04-13-21, 11:48 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
If I remember correctly I think mine sold for $400. Like yours, pretty much mint under all the grime and such. Did a full service, and then reworked the cockpit stuff to make it look good. Sold very quickly. Sold it last year. That price was without the pump, pedals, or garmin mount. I think I did have some cheap, new flat pedals on it though so they could test it out. That's what i normally do.