Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Latest rehab adventure

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Latest rehab adventure

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-19, 09:13 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillmaster

Nonsense.
Almost everyone that clips in has toppled at a stop at one time or another. Maybe no injuries or serious damage but nicks and scratches for sure.
Don’t take my word for it though. Do a search on the million clipless threads.
That hasn’t been my experience and I’ve been involved with clipless pedals from the very first model Look made available decades prior. I haven’t seen an instance yet that hasn’t boiled down to a coordination or bike handling problem.

But it’s fair to disagree too.
Old 02-18-19, 07:54 PM
KenCT

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 (2021) Cannondale Cujo 2 (2018) Cannondale Quick Carbon 1 (2017) Giant Sedona (2006) Cannondale R1000 (2001)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 238 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by zjrog
I don't fly often, but agree, sometimes they catch my knee, sometimes they don't. But the hardware in my back hits every
time... Same at Courthouses...
I have a total right hip replacement, the rod in my femur is 3/4 the length of the bone, also have a partial big toe joint replacement and two screws in my right foot. Only fly a couple of times a year but sprung for the TSA Known Traveler pre screening program.

I also always set off the detector and have to go through the body scanner and pat down. Last October after the scan the TSA agent said he had to pat down my left hip and leg. I told him I had an implants on the right, he said “it shows left”. Not sure if he was dyslexic or the machine was off.

Made me feel extra secure.