Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Looking for Cyclometer

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Looking for Cyclometer

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 12:22 AM
lakerfan2010

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for Cyclometer

Hi,

I am looking for a Cyclometer with
- speed/distance/odometer
- HRM
- Altimeter
- training software

I know Garmin ones have all of the above and some more. Nothing against Garmin, but I am just curious about other options. For now I am willing to spend around 150.
Old 08-30-10, 07:19 PM
gohabsgo

Bikes: old Kona Cindercone, 2010 Devinci Silverstone SL3, 2015 Giant Trance, 2015 Wilier zero 9

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
lakerfan2010: Did you ever come up with any alternatives? It seems like all cyclists in this forum must be too busy riding to help out. Either that or they don't know. Which is it?
Old 09-20-10, 01:48 AM
lakerfan2010

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey gohabsgo I guess I am one of those riders busy riding instead helping someone out. I just saw your post. So I am sorry for the delay. To answer your question I ended up going with a mashup of multiple devices, Timex Data Recorder, Timex 3D GPS Sensor, Timex Heart Rate Monitor and a cheap Walmart cyclometer for real time speed/distance/odometer. Timex Data Recorder stores GPS and HRM. It comes with Timex Trainer which allows you to keep track of workouts and also look at the data in graphical format. I know, four devices sounds clumsy. But it was super cheap. I already had a Heart Rate monitor and than I found Data Recorder and GPS Sensor at a deep deep deep discount. Price was just too right; for $70 I had something close to what I was looking for. But once I am serious I would definitely go with Garmin Edge 500. It is small, light with some extras like ANT+ and cadence sensor.
Old 09-20-10, 02:34 AM
Juha
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gohabsgo
It seems like all cyclists in this forum must be too busy riding to help out. Either that or they don't know. Which is it?
There's one more option: the info is already here, and cyclists would rather go for a ride than post the same info repeatedly. In this case, you'll find a thread titled "Looking for Bike computer" posted exactly one week earlier than this one. That thread has many pointers. In addition there must be 5-6 bike computer related threads at any given time in the first page of Electronics and Gadgets forum.

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines