Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Support the Artist

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Support the Artist

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-21, 11:07 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
if Art is serious to you - as in Art in Your Cycling Town, then a prolonged visit to Port Angeles, WA might suit you.

^^^ this one probably no longer exists. certainly not in pjctured location.

on a side street, almost hidden

Where in the World is Waldo Pinarello?

loved Port Townsend and The Wooden Boat festival full of more Artists rebuilding beautiful classics from days gone buy. I'm sure they have the same discussions on vintage vs copy..
Old 01-24-21, 11:12 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
I'm guessing that there was a period of chronic drug abuse somewhere in the op's past...
no abuse, no sarcasm and no doping...shameful
Old 01-25-21, 04:34 PM
GranSport70
GranSport70

Bikes: (2) Never mass produced, Raleigh Gran(d) Sport 1968/ Found in the 1970 Catalog, Factory Chromed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Sailboat Free on Craig’s List

I must proclaim, “I greatly enjoyed the Trip I took, my time well spent, watching the Artwork, “Cosmic Zoom”, shared earlier on in this stream of Posts.

Now, about myRide:

I gave my 42 foot sailboat away for free because my dear wife was very ill. I had the boat for 40 years.

After my dear wife past this last year, I found a sister to the Chrome 1968 Raleigh Grand Sport I road from Miami to San Fransisco in 1972.
I now have the pleasure to ride two of what most people claim were never placed in production. One well used, (with a replaced front fork and Campagnola derailleurs. The other in original showroom condition. (Can be found in Raleighs 1970 Catalog).

Last edited by GranSport70; 01-26-21 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Additionally
Likes For GranSport70:
Old 01-25-21, 10:36 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Kalakala seems coming in kinda hot for no dock or pier. Gonna bang into the seawall and right onto the sidewalk like a newbie sailing a Flying Junior on their first sailing lesson. "Tiller toward trouble. Tiller toward trouble! PUSH THE TILLER AWAY FROM YOU!"
Likes For Duragrouch:
Old 01-26-21, 05:11 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,833 Times in 2,229 Posts
Red's on th right, so it is returning.

But...

No worries mate.
It only steams in your dreams.
Memories of what was
And what was never to be.

Last edited by Wildwood; 01-26-21 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-26-21, 06:47 PM
brixxton
resykler

Sailboats and Bikes

Originally Posted by GranSport70
I must proclaim, “I greatly enjoyed the Trip I took, my time well spent, watching the Artwork, “Cosmic Zoom”, shared earlier on in this stream of Posts.

Now, about myRide:

I gave my 42 foot sailboat away for free because my dear wife was very ill. I had the boat for 40 years.

After my dear wife past this last year, I found a sister to the Chrome 1968 Raleigh Grand Sport I road from Miami to San Fransisco in 1972.
I now have the pleasure to ride two of what most people claim were never placed in production. One well used, (with a replaced front fork and Campagnola derailleurs. The other in original showroom condition. (Can be found in Raleighs 1970 Catalog).
with these the world's our oyster, but that salt air eats steel so quickly
Old 01-28-21, 05:52 AM
tregeagle

Bikes: thorn nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh

"an atom" IMO, sounded more artistic than "proton, neutron, electron"
Quark, muon, lepton, meson and tau... If I think of anymore my head will supercede the universe....
Old 01-28-21, 10:02 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
What is smaller than an atom?
Smaller than this?

All sorts of quarks and neutrons inside there!
Old 01-28-21, 08:18 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Also while we're on the subject of degeneracy in naming of particles...

This one's a dessert!