Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The 2014 Weight and Mileage Thread

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The 2014 Weight and Mileage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 04:57 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Essex
All this guy needs to do is lessen the carbs. The legs look pretty good. As must his cardio?
Yep, my cardio is pretty decent. Legs are strong. Belly is big.
Old 05-06-13, 05:02 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

RT, sent you my mileage but forgot to put my user name in the e-mail. Do I need to re-send?
Old 05-06-13, 05:43 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LowCel
Sounds familiar :-(

RT, sent you my mileage but forgot to put my user name in the e-mail. Do I need to re-send?
Nope, gotchya.
Old 05-06-13, 05:50 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
No ride today - boo. What started out as a bit of yard work ended up being: removal of 3 bushes, transplanting of 3 lilacs and removal of 14, yes - 14, trees. Still need to buy a pickaxe and take care of the roots in the next few days.
Also sounds familiar. My front yard has a network of roots that sprout, overnight, these thorny protuberances. It choked out the lawn, so I am xeriscaping. This means moving a lot of rock by myself. also have two lilacs in front, and they smell good for about three weeks a year and grow like weeds. If you don't manage those, they will overtake your yard.

Weather asses predicting 'scattered showers' throughout the week with maybe a 'couple licks of thunder'. Must be nice to collect a paycheck to issue weather reports that could be plugged in wherever you may live. I bet we see less than .25" all week long, total.
Old 05-06-13, 06:04 AM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Originally Posted by RT
Nope, gotchya.
Thanks.
Old 05-06-13, 07:09 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
same here. great weather all last week. Got out 5 of 7 days albeit no huge miles. but scattered rain has me stuck indoors and working today!
Old 05-06-13, 09:17 AM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
We are in that zone again this week. 90 miles away from that eerily consistent weekly total.
Old 05-06-13, 10:29 AM
Ooompa Loompa
Powered by pie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought I might gain some ground on catching up to you mileage-wise this week RT. I manage 100.6 miles and here you come with your best week in a while and get 101.7.
Old 05-06-13, 01:01 PM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa
I thought I might gain some ground on catching up to you mileage-wise this week RT. I manage 100.6 miles and here you come with your best week in a while and get 101.7.
It's the chiropractic care. I have notoriously troublesome feet, and rides used to depend on how I felt getting out of bed. Four appointments down, 16 to go to get to my baseline. My legs and feet feel phenomenal.

What the Hell did we do the week of April 7? I thought I had a bad formula somewhere, but someone piled on miles.
Old 05-06-13, 01:57 PM
Ooompa Loompa
Powered by pie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you given any thought to deleting those folks that said they would participate months ago but have never sent you any data? It would be easy enough to add them back later on if they did start participating, but in the meantime they are kind of skewing some of the data.

Edit: I see now that you aren't including anybody who has never given any mileage data in the averages....though those people who only reported once early on are still messing up the numbers a little.
Old 05-06-13, 02:10 PM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Yes, if I count every mile logged, I must count them in the average. It wouldn't take too much effort though to remove the stragglers as I am familiar with the core of the group. The only reason I haven't nuked the dormant tabs is because it takes so long to re-create them, but at this point (5/12 of the way through 2013), it is fair to clean it up a bit.

2014 will be as easy as copying the sheet and changing names, maybe adding a few.

What do you guys all think?
Old 05-06-13, 02:38 PM
Ooompa Loompa
Powered by pie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RT
Yes, if I count every mile logged, I must count them in the average. It wouldn't take too much effort though to remove the stragglers as I am familiar with the core of the group. The only reason I haven't nuked the dormant tabs is because it takes so long to re-create them, but at this point (5/12 of the way through 2013), it is fair to clean it up a bit.

2014 will be as easy as copying the sheet and changing names, maybe adding a few.

What do you guys all think?
Here is another thought. If you were to delete all of the 0 values from the cells and just leave 0 mile weeks blank, then this formula would give us a true average based upon only those who participated for that particular week.

=P3/COUNT('10_Wheels'!D2,adanthang!D2,bbeasley!D2,BigJeff!D2,Bikr13!D2,billsmetro!D2,bobones!D2,bpointer 01!D2,bsektzer!D2,buffalowings!D2,Byron_M!D2,*****roadrunner!D2,C_Heath!D2,ChrisM2097!D2,Cowboy905!D 2*0.621371,cyclezen!D2,dalameda!D2,deepakvrao!D2,diverguy!D2,Elevation!D2,Genaro!D2,Gluteus!D2,Gran_ Fondo!D2,gsimpson2g!D2,JakiChan!D2,Jeepnut22!D2,jimxyz!D2,LowCel!D2,MikeyBoyAZ!D2,Mpov!D2,Netdewt!D2 ,NMBuff!D2,Oompa_Loompa!D2,orangejulio87!D2,ozgur.nevres!D2,pdxtx!D2,pjdizzy!D2,rangerdavid!D2,robby rocks12345!D2,robbyville!D2,RonJones!D2,Rowan!D2,RT!D2,Ruby13!D2,Rvav8r!D2,Savagewolf!D2,soccerpig70 !D2,sstang13!D2*0.621371,starjag!D2*0.621371,tanguy_frame!D2,thegnome!D2,timmy29er!D2,Virten!D2,WhyF i!B2,Xevous92!D2,youcoming!D2,ZippyThePinhead!D2)

Right now the count function is seeing the zeros as a value and counting them, but deleting the values completely would give accurate results.
Old 05-06-13, 06:03 PM
Essex

Bikes: Tarmac, Focus Urban 8, Giant Hybrid

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't know this was you. Your legs are ripped. Would like to see you on a leg press machine. Probably do something in excess of 1000 lbs. Hulk.
Old 05-06-13, 06:04 PM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Originally Posted by Essex
I didn't know this was you. Your legs are ripped. Would like to see you on a leg press machine. Probably do something in excess of 1000 lbs. Hulk.
Thanks. Before my knees went to hell I could press a good bit. At the time I was around 165 pounds and got some pretty interesting looks at the gym.

Here's a good shot from yesterday. Unfortunately the photographer didn't bother photoshopping my fuel tank.

Old 05-06-13, 06:09 PM
LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Oh, for what it's worth I'm not as obese as I look on the tt bike. This is a picture of me in regular clothes, I got second in this race.

Old 05-06-13, 06:30 PM
Essex

Bikes: Tarmac, Focus Urban 8, Giant Hybrid

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. Before my knees went to hell I could press a good bit. At the time I was around 165 pounds and got some pretty interesting looks at the gym.

Here's a good shot from yesterday. Unfortunately the photographer didn't bother photoshopping my fuel tank.

This is an excellent photo and poster quality too. BMC should use this in it's adverts. Keep crushing the competition!

Cheers,

Essex
Old 05-07-13, 01:57 PM
RT
The Weird Beard

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Ordered some new wheels today. They may be sold on Nashbar and Bike Island, but I have had great experiences with Vuelta wheels (I got the Starlite with the uber-bladed spokes). Needed something stronger than my Forte Titans, which now hang from a hook in the garage. What made me think 16/20 wheels would be good for a 200 lb fat, fat fatty?

They will make the black bike look sah-wheet.
Old 05-07-13, 02:12 PM
Ooompa Loompa