Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Fsa megaexo crankset is loose

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-23, 05:53 PM
adlai

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts

I'm pretty sure I'm not missing any pieces. I did remove the crankset to get a shift cable through.

Trying to reassemble it, I cannot get the crank arm to fully set. There is a tiny amount of play. I cannot torque it any more. I have looked and I do not believe that the threads are damaged. But there is like a mm of play in the crankset.

Help?

Old 07-01-23, 06:03 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,085 Times in 756 Posts
Check out any of these diagrams and make sure you have all the shims/washers in place. fsa megaexo crankset diagram - Search (bing.com)
Old 07-01-23, 06:52 PM
adlai

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Crankycrank
Check out any of these diagrams and make sure you have all the shims/washers in place. fsa megaexo crankset diagram - Search (bing.com)
Thanks.

It is a fsa bb6200. 24mm

It looks like there is a "wavy washer that is missing.

Which side is the wavy washer supposed to be on?
Old 07-02-23, 03:15 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked 1,447 Times in 824 Posts
This subject, wavy washer, was just in a thread. You do need a wavy washer, it goes on the non-drive side. I got it backwards in the mentioned thread, googled the crank set and found a Park Tool video, maybe on youtube, that shows step by step installation, very good.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 07-02-23, 03:12 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 123 Posts
Yes it needs a wavy washer but I change the crank on my Wilier from an FSA mego expo to a Shimano Hollowtech with external BB. It was a Wilier with a threaded BB and I wish I had done it years earlier a much better set up and crank. Shimano external BB and cranks are hard to beat for easy install and not much if any maintenance. For the price of the crank and BB worth every penny spent.