Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

I can't wear cycling goggles over my glasses, any suggestion?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

I can't wear cycling goggles over my glasses, any suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-19, 01:35 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
This helmet is very affordable and I think you can order yellow visors for it on Amazon for like $9 for winter/night riding.
had a weird confusing occurrence with that brand (Basecamp). original helmet came w/ a dark shield. a clear shield was not available (which I wanted for night rides) but I found a clear shield from a different brand which worked great (but it was a tiny bit long & occasionally touched the bridge of my nose). when Basecamp started selling a clear shield I bought one, but they decided to reverse the magnets so it didn't stick. they made me a new one that worked like the tinted on. w/ magnets facing the same way. & it's a tiny bit smaller so it never touches my nose

Helmet Ordered on September 14, 2018
Basecamp Brand Bike Helmet CPSC Safety Standard with Detachable Visor Shield for Men Women Road & Mountain Biking Bicycle Helmet
Currently unavailable

Clear Shield Ordered on September 12, 2018
Brand? VICTGOAL Bike Helmet Strong Magnetic Helmet Goggles Visor
Currently unavailable

Clear Shield Ordered on February 21, 2019
Basecamp Brand Bike Helmet Visor, Magnetic Visor Removable Goggles Shield for Cycling Bike Helmet in Model BC-001
Currently unavailable

So I have this yellow helmet w/ working clear & tinted visors. Not sure what I would do if I wanted another in a different color tho. (I was thinking it would be fun to have a white camo helmet for off-road snow rides)

I like how they turn around if want a break from them

the clear one doesn't get as much use

like car window tinting, from the inside looking out, the tinted one is not that dark

& with enough light you can see into it from the outside

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-07-19 at 01:48 PM.
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 12-16-20, 12:35 AM
AdityaNatraj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You could wear the dirtbike goggles

Originally Posted by curbowman
i am short-sighted, so i need to use corrective glasses all the time and i haven't been able to find cycling goggles that can be wear over my glasses. I am afraid someday a bug or a small rock could hit my corrective glasses and damage them.

Unfortunately, the contact glasses i can use are no longer available here in venezuela, so it's back to standard glasses for me.

If you know a brand of cycling goggles that can be worn over corrective glasses, please share a link on this thread. I thought i could also look for helmets with a visor that fits over my glasses, but i haven't found any around here. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you!
​​​​
Old 12-16-20, 08:01 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Go and buy some ski gogles!
Old 12-19-20, 02:07 AM
LMM2855

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The safety glasses that can be worn over regular eyeglasses work pretty well. I usually wear contact lenses but when there are a lot of insects in the air, I often put on a pair of safety glasses to avoid them getting in my eyes.

I don't know if any other contact lens wearers have had this problem, but sometimes when I ride fast in the morning after putting in my contacts, my eyes run uncontrollably. I found that wearing the safety glasses keeps the wind off my eyes, and somehow that solves the teary eye problem.
Old 12-19-20, 07:50 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by smullen
... I wear Oakley Flak sunglasses with RX lenses in them, .....
I too where the Flak Jacket with an RX lenses. My insurance gives me lenses every year, so I replaces the lenses if my RX has changed drastically, which luckily it has not over the last couple, but this year I took advantage and went with a clear lense with transition so when I start the ride in the early morning or night, I can still see . My normal RX frames are also Oakley's and I love them, so lenses replacements is usually all I do.

Old 03-05-21, 12:17 AM
Laura allen

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes we can wear
Old 03-05-21, 09:34 AM
SGV bikerdude

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Helmet over eyeglasses

Get Giro Vanquish works for me over my eyeglasses.
Originally Posted by curbowman
I am short-sighted, so I need to use corrective glasses all the time and I haven't been able to find cycling goggles that can be wear over my glasses. I am afraid someday a bug or a small rock could hit my corrective glasses and damage them.

Unfortunately, the contact glasses I can use are no longer available here in Venezuela, so it's back to standard glasses for me.

If you know a brand of cycling goggles that can be worn over corrective glasses, please share a link on this thread. I thought I could also look for helmets with a visor that fits over my glasses, but I haven't found any around here. Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you!