Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Recommend SPD shoes for odd proportioned feet

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-19, 04:53 PM
AllWeatherJeff
Old Dog, New Tricks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Recommend SPD shoes for odd proportioned feet

Can anyone recommend a brand or brands of SPD cycling shoes that allow spd cleats to be set further forward?

I wear size 45, but I have very short forefeet. as a result I can never get the ball of my foot properly positioned over the pedal. Even with the cleats jammed as far forward as they can go in the slots, I still end up with my feet too far forward on the pedals, with the balls of my feet extending past the pedal axis.

I have tried three pairs of spd shoes, (two pair of Shimano, and one pair of Giro).

Are there brands that have longer cleat slots for more extreme forward positioning?

Thanks for any help or insight.

Last edited by AllWeatherJeff; 07-06-19 at 04:54 AM.
Old 07-06-19, 03:44 AM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 75 Posts
I modded slots using a Dremel; extending the hole rearward. You could possibly do the same going forward somewhat.
Likes For tangerineowl: