Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Valtteri Bottas -> Gravel World Championship?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-23, 05:41 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 1,593 Times in 739 Posts

Valtteri has been riding forever and last year entered a few gravel races. He's on Strava and the dude is strong as heck. Aussie pro cyclist Tiffany Cromwell is his girlfriend, so having a Sunday ride with the better half is 65 miles of killing it! This year he's looking to qualify for the Worlds...pretty cool, eh?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/valtte...-championships
Old 12-25-23, 06:32 AM
cegerer
^ * * ^ * * ^

Bikes: 1977 Tom Kellogg Nr. 27 - 1984 Bob Jackson - 1987 Alpineer - 1999 Bianchi - 2002 LeMond Buenos Aries- 2007 Specialized Tarmac Pro - 2017 Mongoose Argus Comp FatBike - 2024 Gravity 29er 1-Speed Monstercross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 94 Posts
Very cool!
Old 12-25-23, 08:25 AM
Steel Charlie

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 286 Posts
Animals ! ! !
Old 12-25-23, 10:23 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by BTinNYC
Valtteri has been riding forever and last year entered a few gravel races. He's on Strava and the dude is strong as heck. Aussie pro cyclist Tiffany Cromwell is his girlfriend, so having a Sunday ride with the better half is 65 miles of killing it! This year he's looking to qualify for the Worlds...pretty cool, eh?

https://www.planetf1.com/news/valtte...-championships
Very Interesting... Haven't really been interested in Motor Sports for some time, so not really aware of GP or the drivers...
But will be interesting if he can be a crossover at that highest level... There have been quite a few in a variety of Sports. But it will depend on the participant level for the qualifying events.
I don;t really know if there's an 'automatic qualifying' level for this kind of stuff (gravel racing). So do some Pro Roadies 'auto qualify', or are they required to do a 'qualification race'?
Do MVDP or any similar high ranked Pro 'Auto' into the Worlds???
Bike Racing is a very tough place to get to the highest level. But maybe he is just that Super-Human ...
Top 25% in age group is still not that difficult for someone who is dedicated to it. So maybe they're happy to have a huge field for the Worlds?
... answered my Q... : "

1254 riders are set to compete for the 2023 UCI Gravel World Titles

from the "ucigravelworldseries.com" site... so yes - gi-normous huge field !!!!
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 12-25-23 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-25-23, 10:41 PM
Canker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 209 Times in 133 Posts
Even with all the F1 training and press stuff I'm sure he has to put up with he still has 6500 miles on strava for the year.
Likes For Canker:
Old 12-25-23, 10:53 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
I love seeing how Valtteri squeezes in rides at all the race locations. I’ve been following him on Strava and Instagram since I found out he was a rider a couple of years ago. The dude can ride. He’s a little better at driving a car, though.