Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

anybody from missouri?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

anybody from missouri?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 12:27 AM
MikeOK
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
anybody from missouri?

I have a possible job opportunity in the Springfield area, any of you from up there? If so, how is the area mountain biking? That would play a large part in my decision to pursue this or not. Thanks...
Old 01-08-04, 10:13 AM
cycletourist
opinionated SOB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have lived in Branson since 1992. Before that I lived in Springfield. Get on the horn and call

A&B Cycles 417.864.0550
Cycles Unlimited 417.887.3560
Sunshine Bike Shop 417.883.1113

If you make in down to Branson our bike shop is Downhill Bikes and Accessories 417.335.4455
Old 01-08-04, 11:38 AM
MikeOK
Yo

Bikes: 2003 Yeti AS-R, 2018 Waltly ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks cycletourist, I knew there was someone from Branson just could not remember who. How are the trails up around there, and is there a race series in MO? I will call the numbers you listed, but gotta get to bed now I have one more midnight shift tonight.
Old 01-08-04, 02:11 PM
cycletourist
opinionated SOB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't mountain bike and never will but I do know there are lots of trails around (I just don't know where they are). And there is a Missouri MTB racing series as well.
Old 01-08-04, 08:20 PM
jmeitz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are a ton of mountain bike races in St. Louis, Columbia and Rolla area. Check out STLBIKING.COM they have a list of all races for the NORBA series. Also MidwestFattire.com should have there schedule up soon. They have some races in springfield. Also there are 2 twelve hour races down in springfield during the late summer hosted by local bike shops. The MTB in springfield is no where near as tough as St. Louis. Rolla has one good trail that is 10 mile in length and Lake Ozarks has some good trials as well..
Old 01-08-04, 09:40 PM
BikerRyan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am from the Springfield area and I am the head wrench at Sunshine Bike Shop in Springfield. I would be glad to point you towards the trails when you get here. I can usually be found at the shop 417-883-1113 and if I am not there I am riding or at school. Good luck with the new job!!

-Ryan